The New Aadhaar Card with a Completely Different Avatar
By: Ashwathy Nair
- The UIDAI has allowed the Aadhar card to be reprinted as a PVC card.
- The new Aadhar Card will have the latest security features, more durable and convenient to carry.
- Charges for ordering PVC Aadhaar card for an individual is Rs 50.
The new Aadhaar card will be coming up with a completely different avatar as the UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) has allowed it to be reprinted as a PVC Card (Polyvinyl Chloride). So, now Aadhaar Card will be an easy to carry thing just like your ATM or Debit cards that you will be able to carry in your wallets. The new Aadhar card will be having the latest security features, it will be more durable and convenient to carry, and also it can be instantly verifiable offline.
Aadhaar PVC Card will have security features like:
- It will be having good printing quality and lamination.
- The Adhaar PVC Card will be more durable and convenient to carry.
- The security features in Aadhaar PVC Card will include a hologram, Guilloche Pattern, Ghost Image, and Microtext.
- It will be completely weather-proof, there will be no damage to it even by the rain.
- With the help of the QR Code, you can simply have offline verification instantly.
- The card will have security features like Issue Date and Print Date.
- The card will come up with the embossed Aadhaar Logo.
For people who don’t have a registered mobile number
There is a service called ‘Order Aadhaar Card’ that was launched by UIDAI in order to facilitate the Aadhaar holders to get their Aadhaar details simply by paying a nominal charge. For people who don’t have a registered mobile number, can use a Non-Registered or an Alternate Number to order the Aadhaar PVC Card.
You can track the status of the Aadhaar PVC Card
For tracking the status of your Aadhaar PVC Card, you simply have to go on www.uidai.gov.in under the ‘My Aadhaar’ tab and click on ‘Check Aadhaar PVC Card status’. A 28-digit SRN, 12-digit Aadhaar number and a captcha code need to be entered. At last, just click on ‘Check Status’ and your status will be displayed.
Once you raise the request for your Aadhaar PVC Card, the UIDAI will hand over your card to the post office and within five working days, through Speed Post Services, your PVC Card will be delivered to you.