Battle of Billionaires: Adani becomes Asia’s second-richest person after Ambani
By Sanjay Maurya
- Gautam Adani surpassed Ambani, the chairman of RIL, to become Asia’s richest person for a day.
- Adani’s net wealth has reportedly climbed dramatically since April 2020, according to reports.
- Adani’s net worth has climbed $55 billion year-to-date (YTD), compared to $13 billion for Ambani.
Gautam Adani, the founder and chairman of the Adani Group, surpassed Mukesh Ambani, the chairman of Reliance Industries Limited (RIL), to become Asia’s richest person for a day on 24th November. Adani’s net wealth has reportedly climbed dramatically since April 2020, according to reports. His net worth was USD 4.91 billion on March 18, 2020.
Gautam Adani’s net worth has increased by almost 1808 percent in the previous 20 months, to USD 83.89 billion. Mukesh Ambani’s net worth climbed by 250 percent, to USD 54.7 billion, within the same time. Adani’s current net worth, according to the Bloomberg Billionaire Index, is USD 88.8 billion, barely USD 2.2 billion less than that of Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) chairman Mukesh Ambani.
According to a report in the Economic Times, Reliance Industries’ shares were under pressure following the recent cancellation of the O2C transaction and were trading 1.07 percent down at INR 2,360.70. The Adani group’s equities, on the other hand, were trading higher. At INR 1757.70, Adani Enterprises was up 2.94 percent. Adani Ports increased by 4.87% to INR 764.75 per share. Adani Transmission’s stock rose 0.50 percent to INR 1,950.75, while Adani Power’s stock rose 0.33 percent to INR 106.25.
According to the reports, Ambani was back on top on November 25. According to the index, Ambani is the top Asian businessman and the world’s number 12 businessman, with a net worth of $89.7 billion as of November 25. This is due to RIL’s stock rising 6.02 percent on November 25. Adani on November 25 was ranked number 13 on the Bloomberg World Billionaires list, only behind Ambani with $89.1 billion.
List of Top 10 richest Indians
- Mukesh Ambani
- Gautam Adani
- Shiv Nadar
- SP Hinduja
- Lakshmi Mittal
- Cyrus Poonawalla
- Radhakishan Damani
- Vinod Shantilal Adani
- Kumar Mangalam Birla
- Jay Chaudhry
Gautam Adani came close to overtaking Mukesh Ambani’s net worth earlier this year when the shares of his publicly traded firms soared. It’s worth noting that Adani’s net worth has climbed $55 billion year-to-date (YTD), compared to $13 billion for Ambani.
Gautam Adani’s net worth has risen dramatically due to the recovery of the Adani group’s publicly traded enterprises on the stock market. Wipro chairman Azim Premji (34th place), D-Mart founder Radhakishan Damani (64th place), and HCL founder Shiv Nadar (54th place) are among the other significant Indian names on the billionaires’ ranking.
Annual Ranking 2021
|Rank||Name||Net Worth (USD)||Age||Country||Source|
|1||Mukesh Ambani||89.7 billion||64||India||Reliance Industries|
|2||Gautam Adani||89.1 billion||59||India||Adani Group|
|3||Zhong Shanshan||69.8 billion||66||China||Nongfu Spring|
|4||Ma Huateng||65.2 billion||49||China||Tencent|
|5||Colin Huang||56.5 billion||41||China||Pinduoduo|
|6||Jack Ma||48.4 billion||56||China||Alibaba Group|
|7||Masayoshi Son||45.4 billion||63||Japan||SoftBank Group|
|8||Tadashi Yanai||44.1 billion||72||Japan||Fast Retailing|
|9||Wang Wei||39.0 billion||50||China||SF Express|
|10||He Xiangjian||37.7 billion||78||China||Midea Group|
- Upcoming List of Top Indian Web Series of 2021
- Top 10 richest player of the world 2021
- Top 10 highest-paid Indian Athletes 2021
- Top 10 highest paid CEO in the World
- Top 10 richest person of India
- Top 10 Highest Paid CEOs of India
- List Of Most Followed Facebook Pages in 2021
- The Success Story of Jeff Bezos
- Success Story Of Elon Musk
- Top 10 Business Magazine In India
- Top 10 Business Newspaper In India
- Top 10 richest billionaires in the world 2021
- Upcoming English Web Series in 2021
- Top 10 Tourist Places in India, places to visit after lockdown