Mahindra Group Chairman Anand Mahindra Conferred with Prestigious Padma Bhushan Award 2020
By Sanjay Maurya
On Monday (8th November 2021), Mahindra Group Chairman Anand Mahindra received the Padma Bhushan award 2020 in the Trade and Industry category. President Ram Nath Kovind presented the honor to the industrialist. The awarding of Padma awards took place at Rashtrapati Bhavan in New Delhi. Union Home Minister – Amit Shah, S Jaishankar – Union External Affairs Minister, and Prime Minister Narendra Modi among others were also present.
Mahindra & Mahindra is one of the most powerful voices in the Indian commerce business, and the company has made significant contributions to reshaping the worldwide landscape of the Indian trade sector.
Mahindra & Mahindra noted in a statement, “This is an acknowledgment of our Rise concept of doing well while also doing good. Mr. Anand Mahindra has demonstrated remarkable commercial acumen and supported the Mahindra Group’s growth while adhering to the highest standards of corporate governance over the years. On a worldwide scale, the Group has grown via diversification and acquisitions while maintaining the foundations of its core industries. Most significantly, he has embodied the Mahindra Group’s attitude of giving back to the society and guaranteeing inclusive progress.”
The Padma Awards are one of India’s highest civilian honours, given out on the eve of Republic Day every year. Padma Vibhushan (for extraordinary and distinguished service), Padma Bhushan (for distinguished service of the highest order), and Padma Shri (distinguished service) are the three categories of awards.
On Monday, five more Maharashtra personalities got the Padma Shri award for the year 2020. Filmmaker Karan Johar, TV producer Ekta Kapoor, social activist Popatrao Pawar, and Ahmednagar farmer environmentalist Rahibai Popere are among them. The Union government announced 119 Padma awards for 2020 earlier this year. There are 10 Padma Bhushan awards, 7 Padma Vibhushan awards, and 102 Padma Shri Awards on the list. There are 29 females among the winners, 16 posthumous awardees, and one transgender awardee.
Mahindra & Mahindra
- CEO: Anish Shah (2021)
- Founded: 2 October 1945
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Company Subsidiaries: Mahindra & Mahindra Financial Services
- Parent organization: Mahindra Group
- Founders: Jagdish Chandra Mahindra, Ghulam Muhammad, Kailash Chandra Mahindra
The company was initially founded with Muhammad and Mahindra Limited name. In 1945, steel trading was the company’s major operation. Their companion Muhammad move to Pakistan after India’s independence (and became the country’s first Finance Minister). Harikrishan and Jayakrishan Mahindra called the company Mahindra & Mahindra after that. They were fast enough to get a chance to manufacture Jeeps during World War II. On April 4, 1991, Anand Mahindra was named Deputy Managing Director of M&M Ltd, marking a fresh beginning for the firm.
- Upcoming List of Top Indian Web Series of 2021
- Top 10 richest player of the world 2021
- Top 10 highest-paid Indian Athletes 2021
- Top 10 highest paid CEO in the World
- Top 10 richest person of India
- Top 10 Highest Paid CEOs of India
- List Of Most Followed Facebook Pages in 2021
- The Success Story of Jeff Bezos
- Success Story Of Elon Musk
- Top 10 Business Magazine In India
- Top 10 Business Newspaper In India
- Top 10 richest billionaires in the world 2021
- Upcoming English Web Series in 2021
- Top 10 Tourist Places in India, places to visit after lockdown