Written By:- Yashika Sabharwal
LVMH boss Bernard Arnault leapfrogs Bill Gates as world’s second-richest person
- Louis Vuitton’s, Arnault, the luxury-goods maker, and distributor, pushed his net worth to $108 billion and ahead of Bill Gates of Microsoft.
- Arnault, chief of luxury goods maker, is now £160million ($200million) richer than Microsoft founder Gates
- The Frenchman, Bernard has joined, Jeff Bezos and Gates in the absolute club of billionaires with a net worth exceeding $100billion.
New Delhi: Bill Gates is now no longer the world’s second-richest man. That title and designation now belongs to French billionaire Mr. Bernard Arnault.
Arnault, the incomparable CEO of luxury bags biggest brand goods LVMH (LVMHF), overtook the Bill Gates, on Tuesday via the Bloomberg Billionaires Index. It’s the first time in that index that was created seven years ago about, Gates to be dropped out of the top two.
Louis Vuitton’s, Arnault, has a net worth of around $108 billion, according to the index, fourthly it has added $39 billion to his fortune since the past year. Microsoft founder, Gates is worth $107 billion according to the current index.
These two men have also peaked their spots on another billionaires’ lists, which is published by Forbes. Key achievements he made:-
- Arnault has built its LVMH into a best global luxury brand powerhouse, which controls brands such as Louis Vuitton, Givenchy and Christian Dior (97% stake). It’s also the home of investors for new brands like Champagne Dom Pérignon and one beauty retailer Sephora.
- The 70year-old Arnault has made headlines, in his name earlier this year when he committed €200 million ($224 million) to the rebuilding of Paris’ Notre Dame Cathedral.
This particular year has been good for the French billionaire Arnaut, with being jumped over the rank of the billionaire race. Apart from that Amazon’s CEO Jeff Bezos, still holds the top spot on the Bloomberg list after reaching a divorce settlement with MacKenzie Bezos that divorce made her the world’s fourth-richest woman of the time.
Hereby, Bernard has been added billion to his fortune in 2019 all alone, he is today’s biggest individual to gain by far among the 500 people in Bloomberg’s ranking.