A Guide to Accomplishing Your Goalssss
Written by: Rashi Saral
“Dreams are so beautiful, humans dream to be alive, and if our dreams come true, then the height of happiness and contentment reaches to peak”
There are many people in this world, who see the dreams with sparkle in their eyes, but very few of them have courage to achieve them or maybe they don’t know how to achieve them. To accomplish our dreams, we require to dividing them into small goals and then strive hard for achieving them.
Day dreaming does not work always, in order to make the goals accomplished, a planned structure is essential. This article, therefore, focuses on the strategy called SMART, which is opted by many reputed organization, viz. Indian Business Magazine, Business Connect, etc. to create a spell bound influence across the globe by achieving their respective goals.
In this enclosure, I, as a professional, have worked with multiple organizations in the recent four to five years, want to share a detailed description of SMART plan in fulfilling our goals and desires, so that we can live the lives of our dreams and boost our self-confidence with the success and admiration.
Setting goals is not entitled to professional life, whereas it works efficiently in personal life as well. It is going to make our life more disciplined, structured, ordered and well organized. Let’s explore in detail the above mentioned strategy as below.
SMART stands for Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, and Time-bound. So, let’s dig deep in each point, so to understand more, so that we all can achieve our goals successfully.
- Specific: Firstly, we need to be very much clear about our goals; it means our target should be clear: don’t try to sail in two boats at the same time. So, the best way to decide what is your goal, sit quietly and pour your heart out on the paper, i.e. write down whatever is there in your mind, and let your thoughts come on the piece of paper. Write all your goals on the piece of paper and be specific about them. For e.g. if you want to be a dancer, write what type of dancer you want to be like classical, contemporary, jazz, in which dance form you are extraordinary.
- Measurable: Then set measurable goals and dates to achieve them. The goals should have the time limit, for example, in 4 months you are going to learn the basics of contemporary dance. In next, 4 months, you will move to the elementary level, then in a year or two, advanced level; you are going to attain.
- Attainable: Do not complain for not accomplishing the goals, if you stress yourself by planning or setting the goals which are totally out of your reach. Always plan the goals in accordance to your potential. For example: by learning the dance for one year, your goal is to win the trophy of Dance India Dance, then absolutely it makes no sense.
- Realistic: Set real goals, so that you can achieve them. Goals cannot be set on imagination. For example, you have never tapped your feet on the dance floor, but you are setting the goal of becoming renowned dancer one day.
- Time-bound: Set the time limit to your goals, in how many years you are going to fulfill them. Let’s say in ten years you are ready to explore your talent and try to participate in national and international dance shows, obviously starting from the school and college level. Take it easy; don’t be anxious if you are not able to attain them. Patience, hard work, and dedication are the keys to unlock the lock of success.
Also Read: Simple Steps to Create Online Business
Right attitude, systematic approach, discipline in day-to-day life are the significant factors which nourish our goals and grow them into the plants of fruitful success.
Most importantly, we need to avoid distractions also which are curbing us to attain our goal. We need to be well focused and planned.
The above described SMARTgoal setting is the fundamental aspect in achieving the goal. Simply saying, I want this dream of mine gets true, whereas designing the strategy; to make it happen will take you miles away.