Written By: Yashika Sabharwal
Stepping Out of Your Comfort Zone – Path towards success
“Everything people ever wanted is ONE STEP OUTSIDE their comfort zone”.
As we all know, Life of a person begins at the end of your comfort zone. As sooner as you took your step away and towards comfort zone; the sooner you’ll get to realize that it really was not all that comfortable.
Everyone is master of their comfort zones, so it should be no surprise that we all (means you, me and the world) withstand being curious and keep stepping outside of it. Let us understand with this famous quote:
“Success is on the other side of your comfort zone.”
– Orrin Woodward
Is it sounds powerful? Maybe it seems you promising, and filled with great potential, right? Not entirely, and here’s why. You can read thousands of quotes present on the web about getting out of the comfort zone, but implementing them to real life is something challenging. Making one step ahead and outside of your comfort zone is extremely hard and needs a lot of courage, similarly: on the other hand only when you face your fears and feel uncomfortable you can do unbelievable things that end to success.
I found some of the steps that will help you to step out of your comfort zone. These are the following:
- You have to get out of your comfort zone and take risks. You don’t know what’s out there for you until you go and dig into it, and find it for yourself.
- “Push yourself hard”. Keep trying to never give up even when the going gets rough.
- ‘Make a list’ – even mental one (Mind-mapping) of what you really want to achieve. Go through this list every day in the morning and let it motivates you.
- ‘Practice’– Practice and make work-life balance. Everyone needs to rest, avoid rushing.
- Set your own priorities and work accordingly: Identify what needs to be done now and what can wait by thinking out of the box.
- B+ve: Doubting what you are capable of doing and whatnot lead to success as it is key to keeping yourself outside the limitations and comfort zone.
- Keep trying: improve a skill by doing it over and over again until you get it right what you needed.
- Step up and take initiative: Make things happen to you instead of waiting for them to happen to you.
- Keep hands-on: If you have a business, make sure that you know it inside out for making yourself work for it outside the comfort zone.
- Personal care is important: Exercise – Keep your body healthy to avoid sickness and increase productivity.
Here are 7 benefits of stepping yourself outside the comfort zone:
- Opportunity to grow: Challenging yourself can help you to reach yourself at highest peak performance level. Therefore you cannot expect to evolve and reach out to new heights if you only stick to your normal habits and old routine lifestyle. Learning new skills and lessons will always help you throughout your life better.
- Learn about yourself: Taking new risks, will help you grow as an individual. It will teach you about your interests, passions, talents, strengths, and weaknesses. Every time you accomplish something you didn’t think you were capable of, you become more knowledgeable and skilled.
- Expanding yourself and your creativity: Whenever you try something new, you may always find, a new hobby or talent that you didn’t know that you previously had. New and challenging situations require you to find your own creativity in order to reach a solution.
- Increase your self-confidence: Tackling the unknown and by proving yourself you can push the past boundaries and make limit your self-beliefs, builds your self-confidence, and self-esteem. Insecurities always like to feed on your habit of not trying. If you stop thinking, start acting then you will realize what’s possible.
- Learn to deal with challenges: Life is unpredictable and it’s important to have the skills and confidence to face them head-on. By knowing of the fact that you were able to overcome something, which is thought and was insurmountable will build your confidence to reinforce your independence of who you are.
- Life becomes lively: When your life stops being a scene from the movie Groundhog Day, everything shows up different. Life becomes more interesting and worth living. All Risks may look like adventures and little obstacles if could look them like opportunities.
Build new relationships:
Trying something new every time, helps you to meet all sorts of new mindsets people, you may not meet them, otherwise, you don’t step out of your comfort zone. In order to have good relationships with others, you must have a good relationship with yourself. Stepping out of your comfort zone, discovering who you are and overcoming your fears will ultimately result in better relationships with others