Chandigarh airport to launch Modern cargo complex on November 1, check details
By Sanjay Maurya
- The airport of Chandigarh is all set to begin cargo services on November 1st, six years after receiving the international tag.
- The air cargo complex, which costs INR 11.55 crore to build, is spread over 14,127 square metres.
- CHAIL CEO Ajay Bhardwaj stated, roughly 85 percent of the construction is complete.
The Chandigarh airport will finally begin cargo services on November 1st, six years after receiving the international tag. Air cargo, also known as air freight, is a method of transporting commercial items quickly using an airline. The Chandigarh International Airport Limited (CHAIL) now only provides a common screening facility for domestic cargo, with Air India, Indigo, Vistara, and GoAir handling the goods on their own.
Cargo Facility Highlights
- Cargo capacity:2,500 metric tonne
- Project cost:INR 11.5 crore
- Paved area: 7,500 sq m
- Green area:4,500 sq m
The air cargo complex, which costs INR 11.55 crore to build, is spread over 14,127 square metres. It will manage both domestic and international traffic, including perishable items, with five cargo sheds currently build.
The international airport was inaugurated by PM Modi in 2015. The Punjab government officially announced the air freight facility in February of this year. Manpreet Singh Badal, who presented the budget, stated that the facility will strengthen the sector and provide better access to international and domestic markets.
CHAIL CEO Ajay Bhardwaj stated, roughly 85 percent of the construction is complete, and we are hopeful of completing the work by mid-October and starting the facility on November 1. Some clearances are also pending, and we expect to receive them from the relevant authorities in the next weeks.
The cargo complex would feature five sheds for storing perishable and non-perishable goods, each with a covered size of around 2,500 square metres. After Delhi, Chandigarh’s international airport will be the second in North India to feature a 2,500-metric-tonne cargo facility.
The complex includes four cargo sheds with pre-painted self-supported Galvalume roofing and one pre-fabricated perishable cargo shed. It is outfitted with the most up-to-date technology, including: –
- Cold room
- Reefer van
- Scissors lift
- User-friendly weighing scale and trolleys
- High-security apparatus
- Closed-circuit television camera
- X-ray machines
- Door frame metal detectors
- The explosive trace detection system
The head of the Mohali Industries Association, Yogesh Sagar, stated, it was the necessity of the hour. Currently, we must send our shipments by road to the Delhi airport, where they must wait for 24 to 48 hours before being put into the plane, which takes a week. Now that we have a shipping facility here, we will be able to save time. It will also be beneficial for business.
- Business vs Job: Which is Better
- Top 10 series on Netflix 2021, don’t miss these must-watch series
- Upcoming List of Top Indian Web Series of 2021
- Top 10 richest player of the world 2021
- Top 10 highest paid CEO in the World
- Top 10 richest person of India
- Top 10 Highest Paid CEOs of India
- The Success Story of Steve Jobs
- Top 10 Business Magazine In India
- Top 10 Business Newspaper In India
- Top 10 richest billionaires in the world 2021