Delhi to get new “Waste-To-Art” park in Karol Bagh
By Sanjay Maurya
According to reports, the Standing Committee of the North Delhi Municipal Corporation on February 18 accepted the proposal to develop a park with the concept of ‘waste-to-art’ on the premises of the historic Ajmal Khan Park in Karol Bagh.
In February 2019, the South Delhi civic government unveiled a ‘Waste-to-Wonder’ Park in Sarai Kale Khan. It features replicas of seven world-famous monuments, including the Taj Mahal and the Eiffel Tower.
“The North Delhi Municipal Corporation’s standing committee today accepted a plan to develop a “waste-to-art” park in the Karol Bagh area in old Ajmal Khan Park. The park is nine to ten acres in size “a senior official said. The approval currently awaits the nod of the NDMC House.
What can be expected?
According to reports, Goel has proposed 13 three-dimensional structures that will be rebuilt using scrap and another 12 structures that will be developed into two-dimensional replicas.
Some of the key attractions are as follows: –
- The Great Sphinx at Giza (Egypt)
- The Great Wall of China
- The Great Buddha of Kamakura from Japan
- The Sydney Opera House
- The Little Mermaid from Copenhagen (Denmark)
- Sagrad Familia in Barcelona (Spain)
- Brandenburg gate from Berlin
- Stonehenge (Wiltshire, England)
- Pompeii from Rome
- The Louvre (Paris)
- Easter Island in Polynesian Triangle of Chile
- The Trevi Fountain in Rome
The Statue of UnitySardar Vallabh Bhai Patel from Gujarat will also be included in the 3D copy. According to an authority, it is the world’s tallest statue and wonder of its own.
A large number of wastes used to make replicas
To build a replica, a large amount of waste, such as old car dumps and other items, will be needed. According to reports, an official said, “Ajmal Khan Park, which is surrounded by dense residential and business districts, has a lot of potential for tourism growth. The theme park will also bring more tourists to the area, as well as improve trade and business. The project is proposed to be executed on a build-finance-operate and transfer basis, with a private player being allowed to run it for 20 years. The consultant has submitted the project report, and the matter will most likely be discussed at the next standing committee meeting.”
- Top 10 Young Entrepreneurs in India 2022
- Upcoming Indian Web Series for 2022-23
- Top 10 Hospitals in India 2022
- Top 10 richest player of the world 2021
- Top 10 highest-paid Indian Athletes 2021
- Top 10 highest paid CEO in the World
- Top 10 richest person of India
- Top 10 Highest Paid CEOs of India
- List Of Most Followed Facebook Pages in 2022
- The Success Story of Jeff Bezos
- Success Story Of Elon Musk
- Top 10 Business Magazine In India
- Top 10 Business Newspaper In India
- Top 10 richest billionaires in the world 2021
- Upcoming English Web Series in 2021
- Top 10 Tourist Places in India, places to visit after lockdown