Garena Free Fire to become world’s top-grossing Google Play game beating PUBG
By Sanjay Maurya
- Garena Free Fire has beaten PUBG Mobile to become the world’s highest-grossing mobile game.
- App Store received $26 billion in revenue from app purchases.
- PUBG Mobile has dropped out of first place in all three categories.
Ranking 2021: Garena Free Fire to become world’s top-grossing Google Play game beating PUBG
Garena Free Fire has beaten PUBG Mobile to become the world’s highest-grossing mobile game for June on the Google Play Store.
Global consumer expenditure on mobile games increased 17.9% year over year in the first half of 2021, according to Sensor Tower research. The study claims that spending reached $44.7 billion in the first six months. While the App Store received $26 billion in revenue from app purchases, the Play Store received $18.7 billion.
According to Sensor Tower’s newest data, PUBG Mobile has dropped out of first place in all three categories. The honor of Kings, a Tencent-owned game, made more money on Apple’s App Store than PUBG Mobile and went on to become the most popular app overall. The honor of Kings generated $277 billion in sales, up 21% from the previous year.
Garena Free Fire’s overall income from player spending on the Android marketplace is unknown. In any case, defeating PUBG Mobile is a significant achievement for the game, which stepped in to fill the gap left by PUBG Mobile’s banned in India last year.
According to the study, PUBG Mobile earned $213.8 million in gross revenue, making it Tencent’s second most profitable app. China, where the game is known as Game for Peace, accounted for 53.3 percent of revenue. The United States was PUBG Mobile’s second-largest revenue provider.
According to Sensor Tower, these are the top ten mobile games by revenue in June 2021:
|Overall Revenue||App Store Revenue||Google Play Store|
|Honor of Kings||Honor of Kings||Coin Master|
|Pubg Mobile||Pubg Mobile||Garena Free Fire|
|Genshin Impact||Genshin Impact||Lineage M|
|Coin Master||3 Kingdoms Tactics||Genshin Impact|
|Pokemon Go||Fantasy WW Journey||Lords Mobile|
|Candy Crush Saga||Rise of Kingdoms||Pubg Mobile|
|Garena Free Fire||Uma Musume||Candy Crush Saga|
|Rise of Kingdoms||Pokemon Go||Roblox|
|Uma Musume||Candy Crush Saga||Fate/Grand Order|
The report does not indicate Battlegrounds Mobile India, which is because the game was released earlier this month. Perhaps the revenue generated by the Indian version of PUBG Mobile, dubbed Battlegrounds Mobile India, will be included in the next Sensor Tower report.
- Top 10 pc games in the world 2021
- The Success Story of Jeff Bezos
- Top 10 Most Inspiring Young Indian Entrepreneurs To Look Out in 2021
- Success Story Of Elon Musk
- Top 10 Business Magazine In India
- Top 10 Business Newspaper In India
- Digital marketing: The future of the marketing industry
- Top 10 richest billionaires in the world 2021
- Top 10 richest companies in the world
- Top 10 Women Entrepreneur in the World 2021
- Top 10 Most Inspiring Business leaders in India 2021