If you have not enabled Facebook Protect, you may lose your account
By Sanjay Maurya
“Facebook Protect,” a new tool from Facebook (Meta), secures those who are highly targeted by hackers. Facebook Protect was introduced last year. Many of the people who were targeted got emails with the subject line “Your account requires enhanced security from Facebook Protect.” It instructs users to enable Facebook Protect; if they do not, Facebook will lock their account.
- Founded: February 2004, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
- CEO: Mark Zuckerberg (4 Feb 2004–)
- Headquarters: Menlo Park, California, United States
- CTO: Mike Schroepfer
- CFO: David Wehner
- Subsidiaries: PrivateCore, Oculus VR, WhatsApp, more
- Founders: Mark Zuckerberg, Andrew McCollum, Dustin Moskovitz, Eduardo Saverin, Chris Hughes
Account closed if Facebook Protect is not enabled
Accounts that haven’t enabled Facebook Protect are being closed. Some users received an email from the company asking them to switch on Facebook Protect. For those who have not enabled this system, their account has been closed. Only if they enable Facebook Protect will the account be able to be reactivated.
On Twitter, a person said that he had also received an email requesting him to turn on Facebook Protect, which appeared to be spam. As a result, he disregarded it. However, when the deadline for activating Facebook Protect in the email passed, their account was locked. The emails were sent from the firstname.lastname@example.org account, according to reports. This address is similar to the spam you receive on a regular basis.
I got locked out from Facebook indefinitely today because I didn’t respond to emails from FB (that looked like a scam) about its new Facebook Protect system, which I was required to enable by today. So far, the text and security key options don’t work, many report. pic.twitter.com/0aXbiqzLv7
— Liv. (@Olivia_Thiessen) March 18, 2022
Some users who had done the extra security step, however, were still locked out of their accounts on Friday (18th March). Others who hadn’t selected Facebook Protect were also locked out, with some having trouble receiving a code delivered to their phones due to technical difficulties.
The process to turn on Facebook Protect feature
If you haven’t yet enabled Facebook Protect on your account, here’s a step-by-step guide on how to do so:
- Go to the Facebook app and click on the “Menu” icon
- Under Settings and Privacy, Go to the Accounts section
- Click on Password and security option
- Tap on Facebook Protect it Turned OFF.
- Under Facebook Protect, click Get Started.
- On the welcome screen, click Next.
- On the Facebook Protect benefits screen, click Next.
- After that, Facebook will scan your account for potential vulnerabilities and make suggestions on what to fix as you turn on Facebook Protect.
- Click Fix Now and follow the on-screen instructions to finish turning on Facebook Protect.
- Top 10 Young Entrepreneurs in India 2022
- Upcoming Indian Web Series for 2022-23
- Top 10 Hospitals in India 2022
- Top 10 richest player of the world 2021
- Top 10 highest-paid Indian Athletes 2021
- Top 10 highest paid CEO in the World
- Top 10 richest person of India
- Top 10 Highest Paid CEOs of India
- List Of Most Followed Facebook Pages in 2022
- The Success Story of Jeff Bezos
- Success Story Of Elon Musk
- Top 10 Business Magazine In India
- Top 10 Business Newspaper In India
- Top 10 richest billionaires in the world 2021
- Upcoming English Web Series in 2021
- Top 10 Tourist Places in India, places to visit after lockdown