International Men’s Day 2020: An Occasion to Recognize the Significance of Men
By: Ashwathy Nair
Today is the day to celebrate the positive value that men bring to the world and to promote positive aspects of male identity. Last year, on 19th November 2019, the day was celebrated with a theme “Making a Difference for Men and Boys”. The International Men’s Day 2020 is focusing towards “Better health for Men and Boys” and the day aims to ‘raise awareness about men’s health’, ‘improving gender relation’, and ‘promoting gender equality’. Men’s Day is considered as essential as Women’s Day and today it is dedicated to one half of humanity.
Why is Men’s Day Celebrated?
The Men’s day celebrates the contributions made by men in various aspects of life and to recognize the achievements and contributions of men towards the nation, society, family, community etc. the event aims towards promoting basic humanitarian values.
The Six Pillars of International Men’s Day
The following are the broad objectives that were set in the year 2009 for the International Men’s Day:
- Promoting positive role models such as few famous entrepreneurs those have thrived to be successful.
- Celebrating the positive contribution of Men towards society, community, family, environment etc.
- Focusing on the health and wellbeing of Men.
- Emphasizing the discrimination against men in areas such as social services, social attitudes & expectations, and law.
- Improving gender relations.
- Creating a better and safer world for men.
On the occasion of International Men’s Day 2020, let’s get inspired by the success stories of men who proved themselves- to be a man with a realistic plan.
- Bill Gates The man who is considered as an inspiration to many, numerous things can be learnt from the success story of Bill Gates, which consist of being focused towards your goals and to determinedly pursue them. Read Full Success Story Here:- https://businessconnectindia.in/success-stories/bill-gates-success-story/
- Steve Jobs
He had a short life but what continues till today is his legacy. The life of Steve is an example for many that how can you rise through failures and bring new opportunities to your life and the way to transform failure into a success . Read Full Success Story Here:-
- Ritesh Agarwal
A man with a truly inspirational story, who possessed a unique thinking ability. His story would encourage aspiring entrepreneurs to build their mark in the business world. Read Full Success Story Here:-
- Mark Zuckerberg
The story started from a coding project in a dorm room and now with that project, Mark has reached a level that he has become the owner of Facebook that connects people. Read Full Success Story Here:- https://businessconnectindia.in/success-stories/mark-zuckerberg/
- Jeff Bezos
This man has experimented and initiated many ventures that have failed terribly. But Jeff didn’t let this come in between his growth. Failure and mistakes are a step towards success. Read Full Success Story Here:- https://businessconnectindia.in/blogs/success-story-of-jeff-bezos/