Written By: Yashika Sabharwal
Phenomenal achievement by golden girl Hima Das: 19 days, 5 gold medals
- Hima Das’s won a fifth gold medal, that came in the 400m race in Prague
- The 19-year-old Indian athlete’s clocked the season-best timing of 52.09 seconds, to win the gold medal in the 400m race.
- Hima, who won the Under-20 World Championships last year, grabbed her fifth gold in this month.
Hima Das, the Assam girl currently trending and famous with the title – “Dhing Express” has won her fifth gold medal in the last 20 days (July). She made a world hitting record, which is clocked 52.09 seconds to finish first in 400 meters in the Prague, Czech Republic.
Her gallantry Bang is trending in every corner by this proud moment, some of the famous officials including PM Modi, President, Sachin Tendulkar, Actress Anushka Sharma, and Virat Kohli tweeted to praise her achievement.
Other Big names and Actors like Anil Kapoor, Bhumi Pednekar, Rajkummar Rao and filmmaker Shekhar Kapur were among Bollywood celebrities, who congratulated the ace of the game sprinter – Hima Das for attaining five gold medals in Europe over the month of July.
Timeline of the achievements:-
- Hima Das won her first gold medal during the July season at the Poznan Athletics Grand Prix in Poland on July 2, 2019
- Followed by her first achievement, she also got her second gold in the 200m run at the Kutno Athletics Meet in Poland.
- Das won her third gold medal in 200m at the Kladno Athletics Meet in the Czech Republic with a timing of 23.43 seconds.
- Her fourth achievement came on Wednesday in 200m at the Tabor Athletics Meet, dated July 17, 2019.
Hima Das’s uncompelling and incredible achievements received the praise not only from the Prime Minister’s and other big names but also the buzz sounds till President and top Bollywood and sports personalities. Hima was willingly replied to every single tweet and she is thanking each one of them for the good wishes with a great gregarious promise to work even harder in future games.
She is trending by the flooding congratulatory posts on twitter from around every corner of India, Hima said the five championships in Europe were like simpler and warm-up games for her to get motivated and preparing for upcoming bigger events.
She said in an Interview with ANI – “These all the five matches and their achievements were just part of simpler training games, these are going to warm her up for the real upcoming big matches like World Championship is also coming next to her plate. So for that, she is preparing herself best. Her only focus is on these big games for making India proud. I will try my best to do well there. I need your prayers and blessings,” Hima Das told this in an interview.