Written By: Yashika Sabharwal
IRCTC Alert Big Concession on Tickets
IRCTC, The Ministry of Railways has launched a big concession on tickets which offers concessions to a certain category of passengers. The concession they offered for the national transporter in India, ranges from 10 percent to 100 percent. Check the concession offered by Railways below:-
New Delhi: Indian Railways is the fourth-largest railway connectivity network in the world by size and Networks of Rail. IRCTC Railways offer concessions to certain categories of passengers. In order to avail this rebate, passengers have to follow some rules laid down by the Railway of India Authority.
- It can be noted that all the concessional fares are calculated, on the basis of fares for Mail or Express trains combined with the type of train by which the passenger wants to travels.
- The ticket concession is offered on both AC class and sleeper class tickets for some categories.
- Passengers can easily avail the discount at the time of booking, only when their tickets fall under the respective category.
- IRCTC Railway networks offer Izzat MST give privileges to persons with monthly income not exceeding Rs 1,500 and who are working in unorganized sectors. Izzat MST is set a priority to Rs 25 for journeys up to a maximum of 100 Kms for working people.
- As per the sources, Indian Railways grants concession only in the fares of all categories of Mail/Express/Rajdhani/Shatabdi/Jan Shatabdi/Duronto. The group of trains, to Male Senior Citizens of minimum 60 years and Female Senior Citizen of minimum 58 years can avail discounts.
- To avail this senior citizen concession on IRCTC e-ticketing or post ticketing, passengers need to possess a valid proof of age and ID first. While booking the tickets, people have to click on the “Option For Senior Citizen Concession” section of Passenger personal Details form and then to “Avail Concession” under it and provide the correct age with a proof for concession.
It’s worth mentioning that, the concession is given only on basic range fares and not on other charges like simple local trains – superfast surcharge, reservation fee, etc. However, in case of where a concession has been allowed in trains like – Rajdhani/Shatabdi/Jan Shatabdi trains, the concession will be admissible in the total sub charge (including catering) of these trains.