Written by: Yashika Sabharwal
Indian Railways to offer 4 Lakh Berths per Day: Thanks to New Technology
- Railways to Use New Technology
- Adding Over 4 Lakh Seats Per Day
- Resolving the problem for Better revenue
Nearly about 500 coaches will be operating on a good note to HOG the technology from October.
From coming October, the railways will use new technology to supply electric support to the train coaches. The generic bogies will be installed, instead of generator bogies. They will be able to arrange more than four lakh additional berths every day in future for the first time in history of Indian Railways.
New Delhi: If you are also troubled by the problem of not getting reservation for travelling, then it is the best update for you. Our Railways are working to getting rid of this problem soon. In the coming days, getting a train reservation can be much easier through this new technique. According to estimates of railway officials, they said that after running the train with new technology, about four lakh new seats will be available every day. This will also benefit the Railways in their revenue and earnings.
- For this, the Railway Department is going to adopt some of new technology, which will not require the power car (generator box) to be installed in the compartment for light and air conditioning and it will be done only through the engine – senior railway officials informed this on Wednesday.
- In the new technology, the railway compartments will use ‘Head On Generation’ technology to supply electricity. Under this technique electricity is also taken for the coaches from the electric wires from above the train. This will help in the removal of generators from trains and the convenience of applying extra bins in them. Now uses the railway and on generation technology. Diesel generators are used separately to give electricity to the coaches.
- According to officials, this new railway technology will also reduce sound and air pollution as it is environmentalist approach. Not only this, this will save more than Rs 6,000 crore annually on railway fuel. After the arrival of this new technology, the maximum benefit will be to the passengers. There will definitely be little relief if the train does not get the Reservation in the train.