Written By: Yashika Sabharwal
International Yoga Day
“Yoga is above the region, above faith, above everything”: PM Modi
Yoga for peace, harmony, and success. In India PM Modi leads the 5th international yoga day celebration in Ranchi, Jharkhand, but its impact and voice resound in whole India widely. Yes! Yoga days are back… Over 35000 people participated in the yoga event with Prime Minister Modi.
‘Yoga’ is an early ancient physical, mental and spiritual body practice that originated firstly in India. The word ‘yoga’ derives out from Sanskrit word, which means – join or be united together, this symbolizes the union of body and consciousness.
Today, yoga is practiced in various forms, in nations around the world and continues to grow its popularity worldwide.
When did it start:-
- Yoga gets its Reorganization in universal appeal, on 11 December 2014, ‘The United Nations’ proclaimed that to celebrated 21 June as the International Yoga Day by resolution 69/131.
- The International Day of Yoga aims to raise its awareness worldwide, with the many of its benefits for practicing yoga.
- This International day is an occasion to educate the society, on the issues of concern, to mobilize the strength to make it one.
- It will resources to address the global problems around the corner and to celebrate it leads to the reinforcement in achievements of humanity.
IN RANCHI: Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, on Friday performed Yoga with around 35,000 enthusiast’s aspirants of India at the Prabhat Tara ground and said that everybody should practice the – ancient Indian Physical discipline. Jharkhand the capital has been selected to perform Yoga for the main event of the 5th International Day of yoga
The Events is marked as today and being held across the country. Several of the big events are being led by Union ministers, including:
- Yoga Guru: Baba Ramdev perform this day with Chief Minister of Maharashtra – Devendra Fadnavis
- Mumbaikars: Mumbai people perform yoga at Gateway of India – Actor Shilpa Shetty also present.
- President of the BJP: Bharatiya Janta Party President – Jagat Prakash Nadda performs yoga on the occasion of Yoga day in New Delhi
- Amit Shah: participates at the International Yoga Day 2019 program in Rohtak, Haryana.