Written By:- Dr. Amit Mishra
Kia Seltos: The Smart Car with a Surprise
With the launching planned on August 22, 2019, the most awaited handsome perfect family-friendly car with wide Tiger nose grille aggressive look, New Seltos SUV from Kia motors, priced in the range of Rs10 Lakh-Rs16 Lakh (ex-showroom price), has finally made its global debut in the Indian market.
As predicted, the booking pace of SUV has already crossed the 6000 unit mark, clearly proving the South Korean carmaker’s brand super performance by producing a notably better-fit car to take on its rivals. The Kia Seltos will take on the MG Hector, Tata Harrier, and Hyundai Creta and the Nissan Kicks in India. The SUV with BS6 Engine with promising comfortable ride could become the new Emperor of its segment because of its unique stylish finish and safety features giving you the feelings of love and care just like Home.
According to official reports, dimension wise SUV Seltos is slightly larger compared to Hyundai Creta. Also, the Kia goes a step ahead in comparison to Creta and offers you a heads-up display, a larger state-of-art 10.25-inch touch screen having Navigation and UVO connected car technology, audio-synced ambient lighting, 8-speaker Bose sound system, auto headlamps, rain-sensing wipers, reclining rear seats and rear door panoramic sun shades. It also gets a full LED headlamp setup.
Having ultimate design and development, the best classic marque of its era is specifically meant for the Indian market and appears promising as a complete package with 37 smart features. The Kia’s launch has shown an overwhelming response across 160 cities in India. The SUV is available in two trims-HT Line and GT Line. The GT Line follows a sterling sporty approach with red bits and dedicated GT Line badging. A new compact SUV will be launched on 22nd August 2019 for which token money of Rs 22,000 could be submitted for booking.
Let’s take a look at the main features which make it better than its competitive rivals.
- Seltos is available in petrol, turbo-petrol and diesel engine options and drivers would also have the option to choose from “Normal”, “Eco” and “Sport” mode.
- The Seltos has come up with three engines which will be powered by a set of 1.5-litre petrol and diesel engines along with a 1.4-litre Turbo GDI petrol motor. The 1.5-litre petrol and diesel engine will make around 115PS of power while the 1.4-litre Turbo GDI motor will push out 140PS/242Nm of torque.
- The SUV has come with the option of a 6-speed manual gearbox, CVT, a 6-speed torque converter as well as a first-in-segment 7-speed DCT.
- The Seltos has been loaded with premium features like a 360-degree view camera, a 10.25-inch infotainment system, an 8-inch HUD, reclining rear seats, automatic climate control, and a special 8-speaker Bose sound system.
- It also has an air purifier, ventilated seats and a plethora of connected technologies.
The SUV with a highly splendid design and a plethora of engine-transmission options can be the best option for those who are planning to purchase a new car.
Let’s have Insight to the salient features of Seltos:
- Live car tracking
- Car location sharing
- Destination sharing from the car
- Live traffic information
- Destination set with a schedule
- Find my car
- Desired destination search
- Send destination route to the car
Safety and Security
- Auto Collision Notification
- SOS-Emergency assistance
- Panic notification
- Roadside assistance
- Stolen vehicle notification
- Stolen vehicle tracking
- Stolen vehicle immobilization
- Safety alert (Geo fence, Time Fence, Speed, Valet, Idle)
- Monthly health report
- Auto diagnostic alert
- Manual diagnostic alert
- Maintenance alert
- Remote Engine Start/Stop
- Remote AC Control
- Remote Smart Pure Air ON
- Remote Door Lock /Unlock
- Remote Horn & Light
- Remote vehicle status
- TPMS status
- Fuel level information
- AI Voice command
- Smart Pure Air (In-Car Air Quality Monitoring)
- Call centre assisted navigation
- Trip Info/ Driving Behaviour
- Share My App