Written By:- Yashika Sabharwal
Former Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit dies at 81
- Delhi: Former Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit has passed away. She was 81.
- Dikshit was considering unwell for the past few months.
- Former Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit passed away in the national capital on Saturday afternoon.
Smt. Sheila Dikshit, who is lady hand behind the CM of New Delhi, was credited with changing the face of the national capital during her 15year-old tour of duty as Chief Minister, was 81 when she breathed her last times in Escorts Hospital.
Dikshit, a doyen and veteran politician of her era, was the chief of Delhi party during the bygone Lok Sabha elections.
Dikshit was unwell for some time, she was admitted to a private hospital on Saturday morning –
She served as the chief minister of Delhi for the three-tire term period from the year 1998 to 2013. She was also the longest-serving chief minister of Delhi.
Prime Minister, Mr. Narendra Modi: “Deeply saddened by the demise of Sheila Dikshit Ji. Blessed with a warm and affable personality, she made a noteworthy contribution to Delhi’s development. Condolences to her family and supporters. Om Shanti”.
Further details are awaited for now. No more things disclosed yet.
- During the time, Congress had lost all the seven Lok Sabha seats in Delhi to BJP with huge margins in current Elections.
- However, under the leadership of Sheila Dikshit’s, the party amazingly managed to push AAP candidates on the third place by the fifth of the seven seats.
- The three-time quondam, Delhi’s CM, was decided to appointed as president of the city unit, after the incumbent Ajay Maken.
- Despite being an octogenarian, Dikshit led the party in Lok Sabha polls and herself contested against Delhi BJP chief Manoj Tiwari from the North East Delhi seat. She currently lost the votes during the current vote casting by over 3.66 lakh votes.
Our Business Connect Team, also regret to hear the news of demise on the passing of Smt Sheila Dikshit. She played a Fantabulous and Lifelong role of the congresswoman and as third time CM of Delhi, she transformed herself to show that she was the best face for Delhi. Our deep condolences to her family and friends, hope that God will strengthen them in the time of grief.