Written By: Yashika Sabharwal
Tesla to start operations in India coming year (2019)
- Tesla car is looking at an India Launch By 2020? Elon Musk has been trying to enter the Indian market with the electric car since a long time
- Tesla is supposed to run on Indian roads by 2020, said Elon Musk, Tesla CEO in his latest tweet.
- Elon Musk says Tesla will launch Model 3, 325-mile range (EPA est.) in India in 2020. The Government has reduced it’s custom’s duty on EV components and parts to 5%
In a current interaction with the students from IIT Madras, a Student Impress Elon Musk with Their HyperLoop Pod. They won the hearts of SpaceX CEO and Tesla CEO, Elon Musk, he said the car may run on the bumpy Indian roads in 2020.
The wait is finally imminent and closer to an end that Tesla is to be entered in the Indian Automobile market. Tesla’s chief Elon Musk has just confirmed again via Twitter that the electric car company will make its entry in India by end of this year or definitely by 2020 coming year.
In a recent interaction with the students from IIT Madras, the Musk said that the car may come soon to Indian markets by impressing from Indian Mind- hacks:-
- The Avishkar Hyperloop team from IIT Madras participated in the finals of “SpaceX Hyperloop Pod Competition 2019”,
- They participated in a global competition organized by the American aerospace manufacturer and space Transportation Company, on July 21 and Musk is impressed by their work.
Tesla’s entry into the Indian market has created much buzz pretty much been up in the air for years. Although Musk tweeted this kind of news to be in the market last March that he would love to bring the electric car into the Indian Market. But the hurdle in entering is Government, The Tesla CEO has also revealed that so far, it is the government’s regulations that are currently preventing Tesla from coming easily into breaching the country’s car market.
Elon Musk tweeted: “Would love to be there this year. If not, definitely next!” he had responded to a user on twitter also.