Written by: Kriti Anand
9 Reasons to Buy or Not to Buy the New One Plus 7 Pro
The newly launched One Plus 7 Pro has become a craze in the market these days. With its sleek design and improved features from the previous One Plus models, it is quite in demand.
It features a 6.67″ (16.94 cm) display with a screen resolution of 1440 x 3120 pixels and runs on Android v9.0 (Pie) operating system. One Plus 7 Pro is powered by Octa core processor paired with 6 GB of RAM. The phone has a 48MP + 16MP + 8MP rear camera with CMOS sensor supporting a resolution of 8000 x 6000 pixels and the front snapper is powered by a CMOS sensor. It also features an on-screen fingerprint sensor. This phone has got a Adreno 640 GPU for graphical performance that helps games run smoothly. On board storage is at 128 GB. This mobile phone is 8.8 mm slim and weighs 206 grams.
Before making a decision whether to lighten your pockets for this phone, let’s take a look at its positive points, and the negative ones.
Reasons to buy:
- Its UFS 3.0 storage is quite fast.
- The 4,000mAh battery capacity promises to offer one of the best battery performances for the device.
- The device is powered by the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 processor
- It comes with one of the best displays with 90Hz refresh rate and HDR10 support.
Reasons not to buy:
- OnePlus 7 at Rs 32,999 is a better option than OnePlus 7 Pro as both run on Snapdragon 855 processor and have 48MP cameras.
- It’s the most expensive OnePlus phone. It starts at Rs 48,999 for the 6GB RAM version, while 8GB RAM and 12GB RAM options costs Rs 52,999 and Rs 57,999 respectively.This makes One Plus no longer an affordable premium flagship.
- It does not come with a 3.5mm headphone jack and there is no USB Type-C to 3.5mm adapter inside the box. Also, there are no free Type-C earphones.
- The phone doesn’t support wireless charging like Samsung Galaxy S10e, Apple iPhone XR and other flagships in this price range.
- The device doesn’t come with IP68 waterproofing like the Samsung Galaxy S10e and Apple iPhone XR.