Written By: Rashi Saral
As a business woman, I have quite a good experience related to profits, sales, customers, marketing strategy, promotion plans. For competitive business owners, Promotion Strategy plays a beneficial role in increasing the sales or satisfying the needs and demands of customers. Without fine Promotion Strategy, the chance of growth of business is least. Therefore, in this article, I would be spreading light on the promotional strategy that I opted for the growth of our business.
Past four to five years, I, worked as a facilitator in Freedom English Academy. It is an NGO, that works in the education sector for the under privileged kids. The purpose of our team was to provide the benefit to the maximum kids in the community. So, we have adopted many advertisement strategies, as a writer, I wrote many articles, blogs, and stories for increasing the reach. But we reached to a limited audience and as a result, less number of students was coming to the branches because of which our resources were wasted.
I, as a deep thinker and problem solver, was working day and night, exploring the internet, and talking to my friends. Coincidently, one of my friends, Nishant called me and asked me to listen to the podcast of most renowned personality ‘TONNY ROBBINS’. Then, I gave a heed to it. I was amazed because the purpose of his talk series was, “How to grow small businesses with the help of podcast?” I quickly summoned my notepad and pen, started jotting down all the points which he voiced.
Then, I discussed with my managing team, for carrying out the podcast session, they asked me n number of questions, the most prominent one was,” Why should we go for podcast?” Below, in the listed points, there is my answer encapsulated. So, let’s read out:
- Time savior and Interesting: There are numerous articles, blogs, success stories, people transcribe for spreading the business worldwide. But, there are few people who want to read a long article, blogs or posts. They just scroll down the screen, leave the lengthy text not going through the detail article, because they get bored.
To avoid this, so as to engage more customers, an effective podcast is the requirement. People will find easy to listen the podcast rather going through a long, monotonous blog. A person will feel more connected if he or she gets connected with the voice, feels motivated, and get influenced by listening to the podcast. Everybody is not interested in reading the article of 700 words. We work for the people, so this is the requirement to find out the solution in order to increase the reach. Based on the analysis, 30% of the population goes for reading the long blogs.
- Grow relationships: As the world becomes techie, to possess mobile phones is very easy for the humans around the globe. People have smartphones, they just need to download the podcasts and very easily they can listen to them. Going in a car, taking a long walk, eating the food they just plug the headphones into the ears and go for it.
Instead of having one sided communication, but the listeners of the podcasts feel so much connected, that listening over and again a bond is developed. They want to listen more to their speakers, want to connect with them through various social media like facebook, Instagram, etc…
In this way, the audience will build a trust and ever lasting relationship with their podcast speakers.
Great business minded folks like the entrepreneurs in the BUSINESS CONNECTrelease their podcasts weekly to help their customers find out their new products release, the growth they made, son on and so forth.
Many people can listen to it whenever and wherever they want. From the podcasts, many small business owners get an idea and motivation to make their business large. They want to attend your company’s public meeting, this increases the brand value of the product, consequently, build up the audience.
- Creates personal influence: When a person can look her podcaster through youtube, and listen to him or her with all the senses alive, then the speaker can create an influence in the minds of the listener or viewer. For example- if a podcast is about health and hygiene, when a viewer sees her podcaster extremely fit and enthusiastic, reciprocating the influence she also wants to follow the same health and fitness regime. It means you are building a rapport with the audience, which will automatically boost the self-confidence. Your audience will love to listen to you repeatedly. They want to interact to you, follow you, asking the questions.
- Develop Public Speaking Skills: Podcaster will definitely acquire exemplary Public Speaking skills while carrying out the sessions. I interviewed one of the outstanding business owners of Business Connect, who initiated the podcast for his niche. He shared with me that initially when he heard his recordings that were awful because the lack of words, confidence, a lot of hesitation, terrible verbal abilities. But as the time progresses, he kept on working on his Public Speaking skills with the help of trainer, then continuous recording his audio clips. With practice, his sessions got improved, and then he started giving the talks on TED shows also, where he showed his endeavor. With the correct usage of facial expressions, voice quality, intonation, astounding stage presence, he created an exemplary influence. Hence, podcast will tremendously improve the oracy skills.
So, why don’t we go for making Podcast? The overall personality is going to be developed.
“Let the world listen to you.”
- Create it from anywhere: There is flexibilitythat a person from anywhere can create the podcast. For example: if he is sitting on his sofa, he just presses the record button of his camera, and then put on the web. No cost is involved; feel free to upload the video or audio. You can even do your other works accomplished; find the leisure time for making it. From cafes, in your cozy drawing rooms along with the cup of coffee, you can just open the video recorder of the smart phone.
“From anywhere, thou can conquer the world of business.”
- Get a chance to align yourself with successful people: Your podcast will create a worldwide influence, if there is a quality of content into it. People overseas want to connect with you and spread the message and gives you opportunity to be in the good books of some of the successful people. It will increase thy morale; henceforth provide you the great opportunities in the B-world. I, as a writer, came into alignment with the Business Connect through multiple podcasts. I made multiple podcasts on public speaking, upgrading the confidence, how to bring a change in the education sector in the society? Therefore, Podcasts will provide the business owners to increase the reach and spread the connection with the some of the successful personalities globally. Now-a-days, I, on the daily basis, listening to the meditation podcasts, it gives me a sensation of relief and provides me a calmness to continue my daily work. Susie is the creator of this podcast, she is in this field of meditation and yoga since 15 years, with the help of her channel, I came into the alignment of large number of spiritual people, which provides helps me to create an unshakable balance in my personal and professional life.
- Establishes proper communication: Undoubtedly, we connect to the person’s voice rather reading an article or long blog posts. Voice creates an impact; audience feels the presence of the person who is the addresser. Then audience can also form questions and answering sessions in the comments, because they developed a trust on the speaker and then there will be a proper communication.
- Opportunity to endorse a personal brand: It’s thebiggest platform to create your own personal brand. For an instance: a writer can endorse her book through the recording of her audio clip and upload on the web. I have endorsed my several copies of the last book on you tube. This provides me ample chances to connect with a variety of authors and poets; channelized my writing talents across the world. I was amused by such a grand welcome from my audience. Now, most of the publishers and writers know the quality of my work and they know my genre and writing style.
Therefore, above listed points, showcase large number of benefits in PODCASTING.
So, in my NGO, the management gave me a green signal to go for the Podcasting sessions. Thereby, with my team, I recorded the podcasts which were about the importance of qualitative education in the society. As a result of which, many students along with their parents came to our institutes to take the benefits from the organization in terms of education.
Therefore, a magnificent influence we have created through PODCASTS.