T20 WC 2021; Kiwis beat India by 8 wickets: India’s possible qualifying scenarios
By Sanjay Maurya
- Kiwis crush India hopes, this is the Men in Blue’s second loss in a row, following their loss to Pakistan in their first match of the tournament.
- Team India still has a chance to go to the semi-finals.
- Kohli’s team will also need to win their remaining matches by a big margin.
After being asked to bat first, the Virat Kohli-led team managed just 110-7, and they failed to hurt the Kiwi batters, as Kane Williamson’s squad chased the target in only 14.3 overs. Meanwhile, India’s prospects of qualifying for the top event semifinals have been severely harmed by the loss to the Black Caps.
Kiwis crush India hopes, this is the Men in Blue’s second loss in a row, following their loss to Pakistan in their first match of the tournament. Meanwhile, India’s prospects of qualifying for the top event semifinals have been severely harmed by the loss to the Black Caps (New Zealand).
India’s possible qualifying scenarios
According to the current standings in the ICC T20 World Cup 2021 points table, Pakistan leads Group 2 with six points from three games, while Afghanistan is second with two wins from three games. Team India still has a chance to go to the semi-finals. Virat Kohli’s squad will need to win all three of their remaining group games against Afghanistan, Namibia, and Scotland.
India’s Upcoming matches
- Afghanistan vs India, Abu Dhabi – Wednesday 3 November
- Scotland vs India, Dubai – Friday 5 November
- Namibia vs India, Dubai – Monday 8 November
Outside Chances to Qualify
However, for India, this will not be enough; they would also need the other outcomes and the net run rate calculation to go their way. New Zealand must lose at least two of their remaining three group games for the Men in Blue to advance, while Namibia must lose any two of their remaining matches. Kohli’s team will also need to win their remaining matches by a big margin, particularly against Afghanistan, to improve their dismal net run rate in the event of a tie for second place.
- Match Number – IND vs NZ 28th Match
- Venue – Dubai International Cricket Stadium
- Toss – New Zealand (elected to bowl)
- Winner – New Zealand (won by 8 wickets)
- Player of the match – Ish Sodhi
Virat Kohli – “Everyone who represents its country has to embrace it. And when you cope together as a team you overcome it and we haven’t done it these two games. Just because you’re on the Indian team and there are expectations doesn’t mean you start playing differently. I think we’re fine, there’s a lot of game left to play.”
- Upcoming List of Top Indian Web Series of 2021
- Top 10 richest player of the world 2021
- Top 10 highest-paid Indian Athletes 2021
- Top 10 highest paid CEO in the World
- Top 10 richest person of India
- Top 10 Highest Paid CEOs of India
- List Of Most Followed Facebook Pages in 2021
- The Success Story of Jeff Bezos
- Success Story Of Elon Musk
- Top 10 Business Magazine In India
- Top 10 Business Newspaper In India
- Top 10 richest billionaires in the world 2021
- Upcoming English Web Series in 2021
- Top 10 Tourist Places in India, places to visit after lockdown