India ends Paralympics 2020 with 19 medals, Manish wins gold, Singhraj wins silver
By Sanjay Maurya
- India finished 24th in the overall medal tally out of 162 nations, but its 19 medals placed it 20th in terms of total medals.
- In the Mixed 50m Pistol SH1 event, Manish Narwal, a 19-year-old shooter, earned gold, while Singhraj Adhana got silver.
- Manish set a Paralympic record with a total score of 218.2.
At the Tokyo Paralympic Games 2020, the Indian contingent breaks the record by winning 19 medals, including 5 gold, 8 silver, and 6 bronze. India had won 12 medals in total since its debut appearance at the Paralympics in 1968 till the 2016 tournament in Rio. At the Tokyo Paralympics 2020, the country has already surpassed that total by winning seven medals. India finished 24th in the overall medal tally out of 162 nations, but its 19 medals placed it 20th in terms of total medals.
Gold Medal Winners:
- Women’s 10m Air Rifle Shooting Standing SHl – Avani Lekhara
- Men’s Javelin Throw F64 – Sumit Antil
- P4 Mixed 50m Pistol SH1 – Manish Narwal
- Badminton Men’s Singles SL3 – Pramod Bhagat,
- Badminton Men’s Singles SH6 – Krishna Nagar
Silver Medal Winners:
- Women’s Singles Table Tennis – Class 4 – Bhavinaben Patel,
- Men’s High Jump T47 – Nishad Kumar
- Men’s Javelin Throw F46 – Devendra Jhajharia
- Men’s Discus Throw F56 – Yogesh Kathuniya
- P4 Mixed 50m Pistol SH1 – Singhraj Adhana
- Men’s High Jump T63 – Mariyappan Thangavelu
- Men’s High Jump T64 – Praveen Kumar
- Badminton Men’s Singles SL4 – Suhas L. Yathiraj
Bronze Medal Winners:
- Men’s Javelin Throw F46 – Sundar Singh Gurjar,
- Men’s 10m Air Pistol Shooting SH1 – Singhraj Adhana
- Men’s High Jump T63 – Sharad Kumar
- Women’s 50m Rifle 3 Positions Shooting SH1 – Avani Lekhara
- Men’s Individual Recurve Archery – Harvinder Singh,
- Badminton Men’s Singles SL3 – Manoj Sarkar
Manish wins gold, Singhraj wins silver in Para shooting
On the 4th of August, Indian para-athletes continued to amaze at the ongoing Tokyo Paralympics, winning two more medals. In the Mixed 50m Pistol SH1 event, Manish Narwal, a 19-year-old shooter, earned gold, while Singhraj Adhana got silver.
In the men’s P4 mixed 50m pistol SH1 event, India’s Manish Narwal and Singhraj Adana won two medals. Manish Narwal won the gold medal, and Singhraj Adana was won the silver. The two shooters gave India its 15th medal in the ongoing Paralympics in Tokyo.
Manish won the gold medal with a total score of 218.2, a Paralympic record. Singhraj Adana, a member of his Indian squad, came up just short in the final, scoring 216.7.
Earlier in the competition, the two Indian shooters put on a strong performance in the qualification round to get to the final. After six series, Manish scored 533-7x points, while Singhraj scored 536-4x points.
Singhraj, who earned bronze in the P1 men’s 10m air pistol SH1 event on August 31, has now won two medals. After the qualification round, Singhraj placed fourth, while Manish placed seventh. With 507-3x points, another Indian shooter, Akash, was unable to secure a final berth.
At the Tokyo Paralympic Games 2020, Indian shooters have won five medals, including two golds. Competitors in the SH1 category have a disability that affects one arm or leg, such as amputations or spinal cord injuries, so the pistol is handled with only one hand. The mixed 50m air pistol game is categorized as P4. Most shooters participate while sitting, while others compete in standing positions, as required by the rules.
Manish Narwal is a para pistol shooter from India. He is placed fourth in the world in Men’s 10m Air Pistol SH1 according to the World Shooting Para Sports Rankings. Manish is also a beneficiary of the GoSports Foundation’s Para Champions Program. In the year 2020, Manish received The Arjuna Award for Outstanding Performance in Shooting Games.
- Business vs Job: Which is Better
- Top 10 series on Netflix 2021, don’t miss these must-watch series
- Upcoming List of Top Indian Web Series of 2021
- Top 10 richest player of the world 2021
- Top 10 highest paid CEO in the World
- Top 10 richest person of India
- Top 10 Highest Paid CEOs of India
- The Success Story of Steve Jobs
- Top 10 Business Magazine In India
- Top 10 Business Newspaper In India
- Top 10 richest billionaires in the world 2021