Tokyo Paralympics: Singhraj Adhana Indian shooter wins bronze medal in a shooting event
By Sanjay Maurya
- On the 30th of August, India won five medals, including two golds, bringing the total number of medals won by the country to eight.
- in the P1 men’s 10m air pistol SH1 event at the Tokyo Paralympics Singhraj Adhana took bronze.
- Manish Narwal, the other Indian in the final, finished seventh after winning the qualification stage with a score of 575.
In Tokyo, Indian athletes made their best-ever result in the history of the Paralympic Games. On the 30th of August, they won five medals, including two golds, bringing the total number of medals won by the country to eight. The previous best result for India came at the 2016 Rio Olympics when athletes took home four medals – two golds, one silver, and one bronze.
Singhraj Adhana wins bronze medal in 10m Air Pistol SH1, check details
On 31th August, Singhraj Adhana took bronze in the P1 men’s 10m air pistol SH1 event at the Tokyo Paralympics. This was India’s eighth medal at the Tokyo Paralympic 2020.
In the final, he finished with 216.8 points, behind Chao Yang of China, who won the gold medal with a Paralympic record, and Jing Huang of China. Manish Narwal, the other Indian in the final, finished seventh after winning the qualification stage with a score of 575.
Adhana, who had entered for the final in sixth place, had a strong first Competition Stage and finished in 2nd spot. This meant he was on track for a strong finish in the Elimination stage. The 19-year-old Narwal, on the other hand, was ousted in seventh place after struggling to get going in the final.
Adhana had a few nervous moments, but he held his nerve to finish in the top three after a close fight with Xiaolong Lou, the third Chinese shooter. Adhana, who was hovering around the top three, went out of contention with his bad 19th shot but was able to find his way back into the race with his 20th try.
Singhraj shot 9.6 on his final shot in an elimination fight, while Lou shot 8.6 and was eliminated. At that point, the total was 196.8 to 196.5. Lou finally came in fourth place.
Participants in the SH1 category have a disability that impacts one arm or leg, such as amputations or spinal cord injuries, so the pistol is only gripped with one hand. The men’s 10 air pistol competition is categorized as P1. Some shooters play while sitting, while others participate while standing, as required by the rules.
Tokyo Paralympics Medalist List
|Silver||Bhavina Patel||Table Tennis|
|Bronze||Sundar Singh Gurjar||Athletics|
- Business vs Job: Which is Better
- Top 10 series on Netflix 2021, don’t miss these must-watch series
- Upcoming List of Top Indian Web Series of 2021
- Top 10 richest player of the world 2021
- Top 10 highest paid CEO in the World
- Top 10 richest person of India
- Top 10 Highest Paid CEOs of India
- The Success Story of Steve Jobs
- Top 10 Business Magazine In India
- Top 10 Business Newspaper In India
- Top 10 richest billionaires in the world 2021