Tourists stranded mid-air on Parwanoo Ropeway in Himachal’s Solan; rescue operation underway
By Sanjay Maurya
- Tourists are left stranded inside a cable car in the Parwanoo Timber Trail in Himachal Pradesh’s Shivalik Ranges.
- The cable car got stuck mid-air due to some technical glitch.
- A similar incident was reported on the same ropeway in October 1992.
A cable car carrying 11 tourists got stranded in the air due to a technical snag on the popular Parwanoo Timber Trail in Himachal Pradesh on Monday (June 26). According to the SP of Solan district, a cable car has been deployed to rescue the stranded tourists, while the technical team of the Timber Trail operator is also on the spot. The SP said that a police team is monitoring the situation.
In October 1992, 11 passengers got stuck on the same ropeway. They were later saved by the Indian Air Force.
Parwanoo Ropeway: सोलन के परवाणू में रोपवे में आई तकनीकी दिक्कत, हवा में अटकी सात पर्यटकों की जान@JagranNews #ParwanooRopeway #HimachalPradesh
— Rajesh Sharma (@sharmanews778) June 20, 2022
“Eleven persons, including two senior citizens and four women, have been trapped in a cable car trolley for the past 1.5 hours due to a technical issue. A rescue operation is underway, saidParwanoo’s DSP, Pranav Chauhan.
Speaking about the incident, SP (Solan) Varinder Sharma said that four people have been rescued by the staff of the resort. All those stranded are tourists from Delhi, he added.
A team of the National Disaster Response Force will shortly reach the spot, said Dhanbir Thakur, sub-divisional magistrate.
A video message from stranded tourists showed people stranded inside the cable car being suspended in the air while people appealed for help. People in the video claimed that they were trapped in the cable car for more than an hour, yet they could not be saved.
In October 1992, a similar event occurred on the same ropeway, when 11 riders became caught. The Indian Air Force later rescued them. Three individuals died in April after being trapped in cable cars for more than 40 hours in Jharkhand’s Deoghar district.
- Top 10 Young Entrepreneurs in India 2022
- Upcoming Indian Web Series for 2022-23
- Top 10 Hospitals in India 2022
- Top 10 richest player of the world 2021
- Top 10 highest-paid Indian Athletes 2021
- Top 10 highest paid CEO in the World
- Top 10 richest person of India
- Top 10 Highest Paid CEOs of India
- List Of Most Followed Facebook Pages in 2022
- The Success Story of Jeff Bezos
- Success Story Of Elon Musk
- Top 10 Business Magazine In India
- Top 10 Business Newspaper In India
- Top 10 richest billionaires in the world 2021
- Upcoming English Web Series in 2021
- Top 10 Tourist Places in India, places to visit after lockdown
Leave a Reply