Magicians of music: Top 10 richest Indian Music Directors in 2023
Our life is incomplete without music. Music is the best way to express feelings. We are slaves to the songs as well as the instruments. Whether it is the fickle beat of the Tabla (a small drum or pair of drums) or the mesmerizing flutes, the straight-to-heart chords of the Sitar, or the artistry done on the harmonium, we always remember something or the other.
But what about the magician behind the creation, who used various patterns and tricks to mold our emotions on a hidden scale? Today, we are going to meet the top 10 richest and most popular Indian music directors in 2023, let’s start the list with Mozart of Madras.
India’s top 10 richest Music directors in 2023
01 – A R Rahman
- Born: 6 January 1967 (age 55 years), Chennai
- Spouse: Saira Banu (m. 1995)
- Full name: Allahrakka Rahman
- Children: Khatija Rahman, Rahima Rahman, A. R. Ameen
- Siblings: A. R. Reihana, Ishrath Qadri, Fathima Shekhar
AR Rahman is an Indian musician, singer, songwriter, music producer, composer, multi-instrumentalist, and philanthropist. Time magazine dubbed him the “Mozart of Madras” and named him one of the 100 most influential people in the world in 2009.
AR Rahman’s childhood passed with many difficulties but today it is difficult to compete with his lifestyle. AR Rahman’s fee is the highest in the industry and he charges crores of rupees for a song as a feature, while in shows also he charges crores for one hour. Rahman takes a fee of Rs 10 crore for a song, while in concert he charges Rs 3 to 5 crore per hour.
A R Rahman net worth is estimated to be $238 million in 2022. Apart from Padma Shri, Padma Bhushan, and National Awards Rahman is also the winner of two Oscars, winning Best Original Music Score in 2009 for “Slumdog Millionaire” and Best Original Song for “Jai Ho” from “Slumdog Millionaire”.
02 – Pritam Chakraborty
- Born: 14 June 1971 (age 51 years), Kolkata
- Spouse: Smita Bhattacharya
- Children: Purvesh, Ishqa
- Albums: Brahmāstra: Part One – Shiva, Ek: The Power of One, MORE
- Parents: Prabodh Chakraborty, Anuradha Chakraborty
Pritam Chakraborty, popularly known as Pritam, is a popular Indian music director, composer, singer, instrumentalist, and record producer for Bollywood films, currently based in Mumbai. In a career spanning nearly a decade and a half, Pritam has composed music for over a hundred Bollywood films. The total net worth of Pritam Chakraborty is Rs.147 Crore.
- 2012 – Barfi! – Won Asia Pacific Screen Awards for Best Music
- 2012 – Barfi! – Won Asian Film Awards for Best Music
- International Indian Film Academy Awards
- 2017 – Won IIFA Award for Best Music Director – Ae Dil Hai Mushkil (2016)
- 2017 – Won Filmfare Award for Best Music Director – Ae Dil Hai Mushkil (2016)
- 2018 – Won Filmfare Award for Best Music Director – Jagga Jasoos (2017)
- 2018 – Won Filmfare Award for Best Background Score – Jagga Jasoos (2017)
03 – Amit Trivedi
- Born: 8 April 1979 (age 43 years), Bandra West, Mumbai
- Spouse: Krutee Trivedi
- Albums: Qala (Music From The Netflix Film), Kedarnath, MORE
- Genres: Soundtrack, Indian Film Music, Indie-pop
Amit Trivedi is an Indian music director, singer, composer, film scorer, music producer, and lyricist who works primarily in Hindi films. After working as a music composer in theatre, commercials, and non-film albums, he made his Hindi film debut as a music composer in 2008 with the film Aamir.
In the year 2009, he got immense fame for giving music in ‘Dev D’ and he also received the National Award for ‘Best Composer’ of 2010. Amit Trivedi is one of the richest Composers in India. According to reports, Amit Trivedi’s net worth is $5 Million.
04 – Devi Sri Prasad
- Born: 2 August 1979 (age 43 years), Vedurupaka
- Siblings: Sagar, Padmini Priya Sagar
- Albums: Pushpa: The Rise, The Warriorr, Uppena, Maharshi, MORE
- Full name: Gandham Sriprasad
- Parents: G. Sathyamurthy, Seromani
- Record labels: Aditya Music, T-Series, Lahari Music, Sony Music India, Zee Music Company, Think Music, Magnasound Records
Devi Sri Prasad is a music director, playback singer, and lyricist in Telugu and Tamil cinema. His music has been remade in many other languages apart from Tamil and Telugu. His films have stars like Mohanlal, Amitabh Bachchan, and Surya Shivkumar in the lead roles.
Between 1999 and 2015, he composed music for over 80 Bollywood films. In 2013, he won his 5th Filmfare Award for Best Music Director for his work in the Telugu film Atharintiki Daredi. His net worth has increased significantly in 2021-2022. As of December 2022, Devi Sri Prasad has a net worth of $5 million.
05 – Himesh Reshammiya
- Born: 23 July 1973 (age 49 years), Mumbai
- Spouse: Sonia Kapur (m. 2018), Komal Reshammiya (m. 1995–2017)
- Children: Swayam Reshammiya
- Height: 1.63 m
- Songwriting partners: Yo Yo Honey Singh, Tanishk Bagchi, Meet Bros, Dr Zeus
Himesh Reshammiya is a singer, music composer, lyricist, actor, and film producer, who predominantly works in Hindi films. Himesh Reshammiya charges INR 15 to INR 20 lakhs for a song and INR 2 crores for music composition.
Himesh’s career took off when he sang the song Aashiq Banaya Aapne, which was a huge success and won him the Filmfare Award for Best Playback Singer, among other accolades. Most of his earnings come from Bollywood movies and songs; His per film fee is between 3 to 4 crores. The total estimated net worth of Himesh Reshammiya is 10 Million USD which in Indian currency is about INR 73 Crore.
06 – Mithoon Sharma
- Born: 11 January 1985 (age 37 years), Mumbai
- Partner: Palak Muchhal (2022–)
- Parents: Naresh Sharma
- Albums: Radhe Shyam, Zeher, MORE
- Grandparent: Pt. Ramprasad Sharma
Mithun is an Indian music composer, singer, and songwriter. He rose to prominence in 2013 when his song “Tum Hi Ho” from the Bollywood romantic film Aashiqui 2 became a chartbuster hit and won him the Best Music Director Award by Filmfare.
He wrote and composed “Sanam Re”, one of the most viewed Hindi songs on YouTube. The song was awarded the “Most Streamed Song of 2016” award at the Global Indian Music Academy Awards. Mithun’s net worth as of December 2022 is $5 million.
07 – Zubeen Garg
- Born: 18 November 1972 (age 50 years), Tura
- Spouse: Garima Saikia Garg (m. 2002)
- Full name: Zubeen Borthakur
- Siblings: Jongki Borthakur, Palme Borthakur
- Parents: Ily Borthakur, Mohini Mohan Borthakur
- Nominations: Filmfare Award for Best Male Playback Singer, MORE
Zubin Garg is an Indian famous and biggest singer, actor, composer, and lyricist from Assam. Zubin has also sung in Assamese, Hindi, Bengali, Kannada, Oriya, Tamil, Telugu, Punjabi, Nepali, Marathi, and Malayalam films. He is from Jorhat in Assam. Zubin Garg is considered a rockstar in Assam and West Bengal.
Zubin’s first Assamese album “Anamika” was released in 1992. He got his biggest break in Bollywood from the film Gangster where he sang the song “Ya Ali”. The song won him the Best Playback Singer at the Global Indian Film Awards (GIFA) in 2006. The Net worth of Zubeen Garg is 5-9 Million USD.
08 – MM Keeravani
- Born: 4 July 1961 (age 61 years), Kovvur
- Children: Kaala Bhairava, Sri Simha, Bhairava Keeravaani, Kala Bhairava
- Spouse: M. M. Srivalli
- Siblings: S. S. Kanchi, Kalyani Malik
- Parents: Siva Shakti Dutta, Siva Shakthi Datta
- Awards: National Film Award for Best Music Direction, MORE
Koduri Markathmani Keeravani, popularly known as MM Keeravani. He was born on 04 July 1961 in Andhra Pradesh. He is a Tamil, Telugu, and Kannada film music director, film scorer, and composer. He composed the music for the film Baahubali 2: The Conclusion, which was a worldwide theatrical hit. The net worth of MM Keeravani is estimated to be $1 Million – $6 Million.
He has earned this much wealth from his primary career as a musician. He has composed music for Hindi films such as Is Raat Ki Subah Nahin (1996), Zakhm, Saaya, Sur – The Melody of Life, Jism, Criminal, Rog, and Paheli.
09 – Vishal Dadlani
- Born: 28 June 1973 (age 49 years), Mumbai
- Spouse: Priyali Dadlani
- Parents: Reshma Dadlani
- Awards: Mirchi Music Awards for Listener’s Choice Song of the Year, Asian Film Award for Best Original Music
- Record labels: T-Series, Zee Music Company, Sony Musique, MORE
- Alma mater: Jai Hind College, MU; HR College, HSNC University
Vishal Dadlani is an Indian singer, music record producer, and songwriter. Till now Vishal Dadlani has sung around 300 to 400 songs. Vishal Dadlani’s net worth is generated from his contracts for various songs and films in Bollywood. He partnered with Shekhar and both have given many Bollywood hits.
Dadlani has also appeared as a judge on several singing reality television shows such as Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Challenge 2007, Jo Jeeta Wohi Superstar, Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar, and Indian Idol Junior. In 2022, he was once again seen as a judge in Indian Idol 13 along with Himesh Reshammiya and Neha Kakkar. The estimated net worth of Vishal Dadlani in 2023 is around $9 million.
10 – Meet Bros
- Also known as – Meet Brothers Anjjan
- Origin – Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh, India
- Genres – Pop, Film score, Soundtrack
- Years active – 2005–present
- Labels – MB Music, T-Series, Zee Music Company
- Members – Manmeet Singh and Harmeet Singh
- Past members Anjjan Bhattacharya
Meet Brothers is a Hindi film music director duo. Together they have given music for many Bollywood films. The pair consists of Manmeet Singh and Harmeet Singh. Earlier it also included Anjan Bhattacharya and they were called Meet Brothers Anjan but in 2015 Bhattacharya parted ways with the duo and started her own.
Together the three have given hit music in many films. In 2014, the song Babydoll composed by them, which was picturized on Sunny Leone, became very famous and a hit. According to the report, the net worth of Meet Bros is expected to be 5 to 10 million dollars.
01. Who are the top 10 Indian music directors?
The top 10 Indian music directors are as follows: –
- A R Rahman – Top music director in India
- D. Burman – Top music director in India
- Ilayaraja – Top music director in India
- M S Viswanathan – Top music director in India
- P Nayyar – Top music director in India
- C Ramchandra – Top music director in India
- K V Mahadevan – Top music director in India
- Vijayabhaskar – Top music director in India
- Naushad Ali – Top music director in India
- Nadeem – Shravan – Top music director in India
02. Who are the top 10 richest music directors in India in 2023?
The top 10 richest music directors in India 2023 are as follows: –
- A R Rahman – richest music director in India 2023
- Pritam Chakraborty – richest music director in India 2023
- Amit Trivedi – richest music director in India 2023
- Devi Sri Prasad – richest music directors in India 2023
- Himesh Reshammiya – richest music director in India 2023
- Mithoon Sharma – richest music director in India 2023
- Zubeen Garg – richest music director in India 2023
- MM Keeravani – richest music directors in India 2023
- Vishal Dadlani – richest music director in India 2023
- Meet Bros – richest music directors in India 2023
03. Who are the top 10 music directors worldwide?
The top 10 music directors worldwide are as follows: –
- The Beatles (UNITED KINGDOM) – Top music directors worldwide
- Bing Crosby (UNITED STATES) – Top music director worldwide
- Evil Presley (UNITED STATES) – Top music director worldwide
- Frak Sinatra (UNITED STATES) – Top music director worldwide
- Michael Jackson (UNITED STATES) – Top music director worldwide
- AC/DC (Australia) – Top music directors worldwide
- R.Rahman (India) – Top music directors worldwide
- ABBA (Sweden) – Top music directors worldwide
- Alla PugaCheva (Russia) – Top music directors worldwide
- Ceilne Dion (Canada) – Top music director worldwide
04. Who are the top 10 richest singers in India?
The top 10 richest singers in India are as follows: –
- A R Rahman – Net Worth: $238 Million
- Sonu Nigam – Net Worth: $50 Million
- Honey Singh – Net Worth: $25 Million
- Shreya Ghoshal – Net Worth: $25 Million
- Atif Aslam – Net Worth: $22 Million
- Diljit Dosanjh – Net Worth: $20 Million
- Daler Mehndi – Net Worth: $15 Million
- Sunidhi Chauhan – Net Worth: $13 Million
- Mika Singh – Net Worth: $8 Million
- Arijit Singh – Net Worth: $7 Million
05. Who are the top 10 richest singers in the world?
The top 10 richest singers in the world are as follows: –
- Rihanna – NET WORTH: $1.7 BILLION
- Jay-Z – NET WORTH: $1.5 BILLION
- Paul McCartney – NET WORTH: $1.2 BILLION
- Andrew Lloyd Webber – NET WORTH: $1.2 BILLION
- Sean “Puffy” Combs – NET WORTH: $1.0 BILLION
- Herb Alpert – NET WORTH: $880 MILLION
- Madonna – NET WORTH: $850 MILLION
- Bono – NET WORTH: $800 MILLION
- Celine Dion – NET WORTH: $800 MILLION
- Dolly Parton – NET WORTH: $675 MILLION
06. Which are the top music companies in India?
The top Music Companies in India are as follows: –
- Saregama India Limited – top music companies in India
- Tips Industries Limited – top music companies in India
- Universal Music India – top music companies in India
- Times Music – top music companies in India
- T-Series Limited – top music companies in India
- Sony Music Entertainment India Pvt Ltd – top music companies in India
- HMV – top music companies in India
- Blue Frog Productions – top music companies in India
- Music Today – top music companies in India
- Phat Phish – top music companies in India
- Natraj Music Company – top music companies in India
- JMD Telefilms Industries – top music companies in India
- Super Cassettes Industry Limited – top music companies in India
- Eros Entertainment – top music companies in India
- Upcoming List of Top Indian Web Series of 2021
- Top 10 richest player of the world 2021
- Top 10 highest-paid Indian Athletes 2021
- Top 10 highest paid CEO in the World
- Top 10 richest person of India
- Top 10 Highest Paid CEOs of India
- List Of Most Followed Facebook Pages in 2021
- The Success Story of Jeff Bezos
- Success Story Of Elon Musk
- Top 10 Business Magazine In India
- Top 10 Business Newspaper In India
- Top 10 richest billionaires in the world 2021
- Upcoming English Web Series in 2021
- Top 10 Tourist Places in India, places to visit after lockdown