Roshni Nadar’s Success Story, Meet India’s Most Powerful Businesswoman
To make a difference, you have to have large aspirations.
Roshni Nadar Malhotra
- Age: 39 years
- Spouse: Shikhar Malhotra
- Children: Jahaan Malhotra and Armaan Malhotra
- Parents: Shiv Nadar, Kiran Nadar
When it comes to India’s most successful female entrepreneurs, Roshni Nadar Malhotra must be mentioned. Shiv Nadar, the founder of HCL Technologies, has only one child, Roshni. In 2019, she is rated 54th on Forbes’ list of the World’s 100 Most Powerful Women. Roshni Nadar is the richest woman in India, according to the IIFL Wealth Hurun India Rich List (2019), with a net worth of 3,120 crores USD (2021). Roshni Nadar, the daughter of Shiv Nadar, is one of India’s most successful entrepreneurs. She began her career as a news producer in the United Kingdom. However, join her father’s company at the age of 27.
She became the executive director and CEO of HCL Corporation a year after entering the company. Roshni Nadar Malhotra had little interest in technology. She is a classically trained musician as well as a Yoga lover. When she realized she couldn’t make it large without managing a business, she moved her focus from technology communication. She then went to India and began working for her family’s company. With her lack of interest in technology, Roshni Nadar’s strategic decisions in risk management, treasury, and governance boosted HCL’s growth.
Before joining HCL, she worked as a producer for many Indian companies. Roshni had been active in brand building across the HCL Group within a year of joining HCL Enterprise. She worked as a news producer for Sky News UK and CNN America before entering HCL Corp in 2009. At the age of 27, she was promoted to executive director and then CEO after a few years on the job.
Before entering HCL Corporation as CEO, she served as a trustee of the Shiv Nadar Foundation, a Chennai-based not-for-profit organization that is affiliated with Sri Sivasubramaniya Nadar College of Engineering. Roshni’s active efforts in the areas of sustainability and environmental conservation are admirable. They are also quite relevant to the present times. One of her most significant initiatives is the Habitats’ Trust. The goal of this effort is to protect indigenous species and their natural habitats.
Roshni Nadar expressed her success mantra in an interview. “Know your talents and weaknesses, and carry people with you,” she advised.
- Young philanthropist of the Year by NDTV – 2014
- 2015 World Summit on Innovation & Entrepreneurship Award for the World’s Most Innovative People.
- Vogue India Philanthropist of the Year – 2017
- Roshni Nadar Malhotra was named the richest woman in India in the IIFL Wealth Hurun India Rich List, despite being placed 54th on Forbes’ list of the worlds’ 100 most powerful women. For having a globally famous think tank, Horasis named her the Indian Business Leader of the Year 2019.
- Roshni Nadar Malhotra of HCL Technologies is the richest woman in India, according to the 2nd edition of the ‘Kotak Wealth Hurun–Leading Wealthy Women’ study, with a net worth of INR 54,850 crores.
Before being promoted, she worked with HCL for two years as a Vice-Chairperson. The corporation backed a $1.8 billion purchase from IBM, the largest in the company’s history, under her leadership. As CEO, she wants the company to function like a startup, despite its size. She believes that “you have to stay agile, eager, and entrepreneurial at all times.”
Roshni Nadar is a natural entrepreneur who has set the stage for women in the IT industry. She may have been born with a gift (rich family), but she understands how to put it to good use for the benefit of society and herself. Roshni Nadar possesses the spirit to push HCL to new heights, and she is doing so.
It was all about Roshni Nadar, who is a role model for us all. She has set an example for future generations through her hard work and dedication.
Roshni Nadar motivational words
We aim to set some kind of benchmark and standards for transparency and governance in private philanthropy.
Exposing children to nature, especially at an early age, keeps them grounded.
My mother and father are exceptionally proud Indians. They always wanted to contribute, to give back philanthropically, especially in the field of education.
- Stock Market Update
- Top 10 shoe brands in India for men & women 2023
- Top 10 Adorable Gifts for Your Special One
- Top 10 Countries with Maximum Indian Population as Citizens
- Top 10 Small Business Statistics You Need to Know For 2023
- Top 10 highest-paid CEO in the World
- Top 10 richest person of India
- Top 10 Highest-Paid CEOs of India
- Top 10 Most Selling Bikes and Scooters of 2022 in India
- The Success Story of Jeff Bezos
- Success Story Of Elon Musk
- Top 10 Business Newspaper In India