Bill Gates- Person of the Month
One of the most influential and wealthy people in the world Bill Gates is the co-founder of Microsoft, the largest software company in the world. He also founded the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the largest private charitable foundation in the world. He is also a prominent philanthropist, who has donated billions of dollars to various causes, such as global health, education, and climate change. He is widely regarded as a visionary and a leader in the fields of technology and innovation.
Bill Gates Childhood
Bill Gates took birth on October 28, 1955 in Seattle, Washington. He was an intensely competitive, inquisitive, and deep thinker as a child. His parents made the choice of enrolling him at Lakeside School, a private prep school. Gates quickly achieved success at Lakeside, where he established a strong foundation in a wide range of courses, including maths, science, English literature, and drama.
How Old is Bill Gates?
Bill Gates was born on October 28, 19551 which makes him 67 years old as of April 25th, 2023.
Bill Gates Career
Bill Gates co-founded Microsoft, the world’s largest software company, in 1975 with his friend Paul Allen. He led the company as its chairman and CEO until 2000, and remained as its chief software architect until 2006. He also served as the chairman of the board until 2014. Under his leadership, Microsoft developed many popular products such as Windows, Office, Internet Explorer, Xbox, and Bing.
Gates is also known for his philanthropic work through the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, which he co-chairs with his wife Melinda. The foundation focuses on improving global health, education, and poverty reduction. It has donated billions of dollars to various causes such as fighting malaria, polio, HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis, and COVID-19. It also supports initiatives such as the Giving Pledge, which encourages wealthy individuals to donate most of their wealth to charity.
Gates has received many honors and awards for his achievements and contributions. He was named one of the 100 most influential people of the 20th century by Time magazine in 1999, and one of the 100 most influential people of the 21st century by Time magazine in 2004 and 2005. He was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom by President Barack Obama in 2016, and the Knight Commander of the Order of the British Empire by Queen Elizabeth II in 2005. He has also received honorary degrees from several universities around the world.
Bill Gates Wife
Bill Gates has been married to Melinda Gates, an American businesswoman and philanthropist, since 1994. Bill met her when she was working at Microsoft as a product manager. She left the company in 1996 to focus on raising their three children and pursuing their charitable interests. She is the co-chair of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, which aims to improve global health and education, reduce poverty and inequality, and empower women and girls. She is also the founder of Pivotal Ventures, an investment and incubation company that supports women’s economic empowerment in the United States.
Bill Gates and Melinda French Gates announced their divorce after 27 years of marriage in May 20211. However, they still work together on their eponymous philanthropic foundation. Bill Gates stated in a year-end blog post for 2021 that his divorce from Melinda French Gates was one of his “personal low points” in recent years.
Bill Gates Net Worth
As of April 18th, 2023, Bill Gates’ net worth is estimated to be 110.64 billion USD. However, according to Celebrity Net Worth, his net worth is $122 billion. Bill Gates is the second-wealthiest person across the world.
Bill Gates Children
Bill Gates and his ex-wife, Melinda French Gates, have three children. Jennifer, Rory, and Phoebe are their names. Jennifer Gates, born on April 25, 1996, is 26 years old and has a bachelor’s degree in human biology from Stanford University. Bill and Melinda French Gates’ only son, Rory John Gates, was born on May 23, 1998. Phoebe Adele Gates, the youngest daughter of Bill and Melinda Gates, was born on September 14, 2002.
Interesting Facts About Bill Gates
- He wrote his first software program, a tic-tac-toe game, at the age of 13.
- He also wrote a class scheduling program for his school and manipulated it to be in classes with more girls.
- In 1975, Gates dropped out of Harvard University to devote his full attention to Microsoft.
- Bill Gates’ SAT score was 1590 out of 1600.
- He aimed to become a billionaire by age 30.
- He ranks second in the world in terms of wealth and is the richest individual in America.
- He and his ex-wife run the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, which is one of the largest charitable organizations in the world.
- Bill Gates co-founded software giant Microsoft Corporation in 1975 along with Paul Allen- his childhood friend. They wrote software for the Altair 8800 computer, which became the first commercially successful personal computer.
- Gates is an avid reader and is known to read about 50 books a year. He has recommended many books on his personal blog, Gates Notes.
- In his spare time, Gates enjoys playing bridge and tennis. He is also an enthusiast of puzzles and board games.
- Gates has written two books: “The Road Ahead” and “Business @ the Speed of Thought.”
- Top 10 shoe brands in India for men & women 2023
- Top 10 Adorable Gifts for Your Special One
- Top 10 Countries with Maximum Indian Population as Citizens
- Top 10 Small Business Statistics You Need to Know For 2023
- Top 10 highest paid CEO in the World
- Top 10 richest person of India
- Top 10 Highest Paid CEOs of India
- Top 10 Most Selling Bikes and Scooters of 2022 in India
- The Success Story of Jeff Bezos
- Success Story Of Elon Musk
- Top 10 Business Newspaper In India
- Top 10 Tourist Places in India, places to visit after lockdown