Ganesh Chaturthi 2022: Date, Time, Story and ShubhMuhurat
The festival of Ganesh Chaturthi is approaching, and preparations are in full swing. According to the Hindu calendar, it occurs on the Shukla Paksha of the month of Bhadrapada. However, Ganesha Chaturthi is observed in August or September according to the English calendar. The 10-day festival of Ganesh Chaturthi, also called Ganeshotsav, concludes on Anant Chaturdashi. The festival’s final day is known as Ganesh Visarjan. Ganesh Visarjan is on September 9, while Ganesh Chaturthi is on August 31 this year.
SubhaMuharat: Murti Sthpana& Puja
- Day– August 31, 2022
- ShubhYog: 5:58 am to 09:00 am
- SubhaChoghadiya: 31st August 2022. 10:45 am to 12:15 pm
- Evening Auspicious Time: 3:30 pm to 6:30 pm
On Ganesh Chaturthi, people bring Lord Ganesh idols home for Ganesh Sthapana, pray, and eat bhog every day for ten days. Devotees submerge Lord Ganesh idols in water bodies on Anant Chaturdashi. Ganesha Chaturthi Puja, also known as Vinayaka Chaturthi Puja, is a festival in which Lord Ganesha is worshipped using all sixteen of the rituals and puranic mantras. Typically, Shodashopachara Puja is performed using only sixteen Upacharas. It is known as Panchopachara and is limited to five steps of worship by some Hindus.
The sixteen upacharas are as follows:
- The deity is seated
- Devotees welcome the deity
- Water is offered to wash the feet
- Water is offered to wash the hands
- Water is offered to sip and rinse the mouth
- The deity is given a bath
- Fresh clothes are offered and decoration is done
- Fresh sacred thread is offered,
- Devotees offer aromatic substances like sandal paste, etc.
- bouquet of flowers offered
- incense is burnt
- Lights waving
- Food offerings
- Include camphor, betel nuts, and betel leaves.
- circumambulations and prostration before the deity
- Visarjan (sending off)
Murti Sthapana for Ganesh Chaturthi in 2022
The ideal time for puja is Madhyahna, which is regarded as an auspicious time. The five equal components of Hindu timekeeping are called Pratahakala, Sanagava, Madhyahna, Aparahna, and Sayankal. The Madhyahna period of the day is considered to be the ideal time for Lord Ganesha’ssthapana, according to Vedic astrological theories. Lord Ganesh is thought to have been born during the Madhyahna Kala.
History and Significance:
According to the well-known legend concerning the birth of Lord Ganesha, which is mentioned in some ancient texts, Goddess Parvati created the god using the sandalwood paste she used to bathe. She asked him to keep watch at the entrance until she arrived after taking a bath. Coincidently, Shiva the Lord came to do his duty and made an attempt to meet his wife.
When Lord Ganesha refused to let him meet Goddess Parvati, Lord Shiva became enraged and cut off Lord Ganesha’s head from his body. When Parvati saw this, she became furious and turned herself into Goddess Kali and demanded that if she didn’t get her son back, she would destroy the whole universe with her anger. As the situation grew worse, Lord Shiva ordered his disciples to bring the head of any baby whose mother was looking away from her child.
In order to fulfil this requirement, the followers went to find the baby’s head. The very first child they came across was a baby elephant. They cut the head of the baby elephant and brought it to the lord Shiva. He placed the head to the body of Ganesha and infused life in him. And this is how lord Ganesha came back to life. Seeing Ganesha alive again, Goddess Parvati came back to her normal form. Lord Ganesha was blessed by all the deities. This day has been celebrated as Ganesh Chaturthi ever since.
Moon Sighting for Ganesh Chaturthi in 2022
On Ganesh Chaturthi, moon sightings are prohibited in accordance with Hindu religious tenets. Ganesh Chaturthi’s moon sighting causes MithyaDosham or MithyaKalank. Literally, it means that someone has accused them of stealing something. According to Puranic legends, Lord Krishna was charged with stealing the priceless jewel Syamantaka.
Sage Narada also told the world about a circumstance in which Lord Krishna saw the moon on Bhadrapada Shukla Chaturthi.Due to the MithyaDosha’s curse, Krishna suffered from this. Later, according to information given by Lord Krishna, God Chandra was also cursed by Shri Ganesha, who said that anyone who saw the moon on Shukla Chaturthi in the month of Bhadrapada would be cursed with MithyaDosham and disgraced in society. Lord Kirshna observed Ganesh Chaturthi by fasting in order to get rid of the MithyaDosha, as advised by Narada muni.
Mantras Chanted on Ganesh Chaturthi:
- VakratundaGanesha Mantra – Shri VakratundaMahakaya Surya KotiSamprabhaNirvighnam Kuru Mein Dev Sarva-KaryeshuSarvada
- GaneshaShubhLabh Mantra – Om Shreem Gam SaubhagyaGanpatayeVarvardaSarvajanma Mein Vashamanya Nama
- Ganesha Gayatri Mantra – Om EkadantayaViddhamahe, VakratundayaDhimahi, TannoDantiPrachodayat
- Top 10 shoe brands in India for men & women 2021
- Top 10 Schools in Delhi 2021, list of best schools for your child
- Top 10 richest actors in the world 2021
- Business vs Job: Which is Better
- Top 10 series on Netflix 2021, don’t miss these must-watch series
- Upcoming List of Top Indian Web Series of 2021
- Top 10 richest player of the world 2021
- Top 10 highest paid CEO in the World
- Top 10 richest person of India
- Top 10 Highest Paid CEOs of India
- The Success Story of Steve Jobs
- Top 10 Business Magazine In India
- Top 10 Business Newspaper In India
- Top 10 richest billionaires in the world 2021