World Top 10 Most Powerful Women in 2023
By: Ashwathy Nair
Today, Women in the world are marking their footprints in the industry spectrum across the world. A woman is capable of evolving the world by creating influence and power. From the list of the Most Powerful Women in Business, some women have been successful enough to seal their position in the Fortune’s 2023 edition.
Here is the list of World’s Top 10 Most Powerful Women in 2023:
#1 Julie Sweet
- Spouse: Chad Sweet (m. 2004)
- Born: Julie Spellman; 1966/1967
- Children: 2
- Board member of : Business Roundtable; Catalyst;
- Title: CEO of Accenture
The first name that is mentioned in the World top 10 most powerful women is of an American business executive, Julie Sweet. She is the CEO of Accenture, which is a multinational professional services company. Julie is considered as one of the most powerful lady in the world.
#2 Mary Barra
- Born: 24 December 1961, Waterford, Michigan, United States
- Education: Kettering University (BS); Stanford University (MBA)
- Spouse: Anthony E. Barra
- Parents: Ray Makela, Eva Makela
An American businesswoman, Mary Teresa Barra has been the chairman and CEO of General Motors Company. She is known as the first female CEO of a major automaker.
Barra is completely focused towards electric vehicles by adding thousands of new charging stations along with striking major partnerships that include a bold bet on Nikola, which is a rival of Tesla.
#3 Abigail Johnson
- Net worth: 2,320 crores USD (2023) Forbes
- Spouse: Christopher J. McKown (m. 1988)
- Children: Julia McKown
- Education: Harvard Business School (1988), MORE
Abigail Pierrepont Johnson is an American billionaire businesswoman who has been a president as well as a chief executive officer of American investment company – Fidelity Investments (FMR).
Johnson has been leaving her imprints on the workforce of the company, where, in the last year, Fidelity had hired two-thirds of the women workers as well as this year when others were cutting workers, Fidelity was staffing up by adding 2,000 new associates.
#4 Gail Boudreaux
- Born: 1960
- Spouse: Terry Boudreaux (m. 1989)
- Children: 2 sons
- Education: Dartmouth College (BA); Columbia University (MBA)
Gail Koziara Boudreaux is an athlete as well as a businesswoman who has been listed in one of the 10 most powerful women in the world. While in college she was a standout player for the Dartmouth Big Green, Women’s basketball team. She is currently the CEO of Anthem Inc, which is the second-largest American company with a woman as CEO.
#5 Carol Tomé
- Born: 1957 , Jackson, Wyoming, United States
- Education: University of Wyoming (BA); University of Denver (MBA)
- Known for: CEO of UPS
The first outside CEO of United Parcel Service (UPS). Carol Tomé is the one who came up with innovative ideas that were appreciated by the investors. Since 2003, Carol has served on the UPS board and the top priorities that she focused towards were to boost the returns of the company on the investments that it made.
#6 Jane Fraser
- Nationality: British
- Children: 2
- Partner: Alberto Piedra
- Predecessor: Michael Corbat
- Education: Harvard Business School (1992–1994), MORE
A Scottish Banking Executive who was a partner for ten years at McKinsey & Company before joining Citigroup. She was named as a president of Citigroup, along with that, also a CEO of Consumer Banking. She is one of the most powerful lady in the world who got listed in Fortune’s edition.
#7 Ruth Porat
- Title: Chief financial officer (CFO)
- Education: Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania (1987), MORE
- Siblings: Marc Porat, Naomi Porat
- Parents: Dan I. Porat, Freida Porat
Ruth Porat is the CFO (Chief Financial Officer) of Alphabet Inc. and its subsidiary Google. This year, the massive job of Porat got even bigger as she has been leading the team managing Google’s response to the pandemic by sending more than 100,000 Googlers to work from home and by helping small businesses with providing access to grants and loans to survive the crisis.
#8 Sheryl Sandberg
- Net worth: 180 crores USD (2023) Forbes
- Partner: Tom Bernthal
- Spouse: Dave Goldberg (m. 2004–2015), Brian Kraff (m. 1993–1994)
- Education: Harvard Business School (1993–1995), MORE
Sheryl Kara Sandberg is a business executive, philanthropist, and a billionaire who is serving as the COO (Chief Operating Officer) of Facebook and LeanIn. Org.’s founder. Even after facing a lot of data privacy issues, conspiracy theory, proliferating misinformation, etc. Sandberg has been strong enough in continuing to advocate for women and people of colour in the workforce through her LeanIn Org.
#9 Corie Barry
In the list of world top 10 most powerful women, Corie Barry is a woman who despite being the CEO of Best Buy, her decision to keep customers out of stores and to provide curbside pickup at every location is wonderful.
#10 Judith McKenna
- Born: 1966 , Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
- Children: 2
- Education: University of Hull
- Predecessor: David Cheesewright
A British businesswoman who is the CEO of Walmart’s international division. Amid the first wave of Coronavirus in China, the operation of Walmart over there was one of the first to implement protocols such as temperature checks that helped China store to be opened with minimal disruptions.
McKenna along with her team prepared themselves for the up comings by increasing pickup of grocery and capacity of delivery, along with securing PPE for their employees.
Apart from the above top 10 most powerful women, there are a lot more women in the world who have been successful enough in shaping their company and reaching a level that most of the people desire to reach.
- Top 10 Young Entrepreneurs in India 2023
- Upcoming Indian Web Series for 2022-23
- Top 10 Hospitals in India 2023
- Top 10 richest player of the world 2021
- Top 10 highest-paid Indian Athletes 2021
- Top 10 highest paid CEO in the World
- Top 10 richest person of India
- Top 10 Highest Paid CEOs of India
- List Of Most Followed Facebook Pages in 2023
- The Success Story of Jeff Bezos
- Success Story Of Elon Musk
- Top 10 Business Magazine In India
- Top 10 Business Newspaper In India
- Top 10 richest billionaires in the world 2023
- Upcoming English Web Series in 2023
- Top 10 Tourist Places in India, places to visit after lockdown