Amazing Construction Technologies You Should Check Out
The construction industry is constantly evolving and innovating to meet the demands of modern society. From skyscrapers to bridges, from tunnels to stadiums, there are many amazing construction technologies that are worth seeing. In this article, we will introduce you to some of the most incredible construction technologies that are shaping the world today.
New Technology in Home Construction
1. 3D Printing
3D printing is a technology that allows creating physical objects from digital models by depositing layers of material on top of each other. 3D printing has many applications in various fields, but it is especially useful for construction. 3D printing can reduce waste, save time and money, and create complex and customized structures that are otherwise impossible or difficult to build.
For example, in 2019, a company called ICON printed the first 3D-printed neighbourhood in Mexico, providing affordable and durable housing for low-income families. Another example is the world’s first 3D-printed hotel in the Maldives, which features curved walls and organic shapes that blend with the natural environment.
2. Robotic Construction
Robotic construction is another technology that is revolutionizing the construction industry. Robots can perform tasks that are dangerous, tedious, or require high precision and speed. For example, SAM (Semi-Automated Mason) is a robot that can lay bricks faster and more accurately than human workers. Another example is MULE (Material Unit Lift Enhancer), a robot that can lift and place heavy materials such as blocks and panels, reducing the risk of injury and fatigue for workers.
3. Self-Healing Concrete
Concrete is one of the most widely used materials in construction, but it also has some drawbacks. Concrete can crack due to various factors such as temperature changes, moisture, chemical reactions, or mechanical stress. Cracks can compromise the structural integrity and durability of concrete structures, as well as increase maintenance costs and environmental impact. Self-healing concrete is a technology that aims to solve this problem by incorporating bacteria or microcapsules that can produce calcium carbonate when exposed to water or air. This calcium carbonate can fill the cracks and restore the strength and appearance of concrete.
4. Smart Buildings
Smart buildings are buildings that use sensors, software, and other technologies to monitor and control various aspects of their operation and performance. Smart buildings can improve energy efficiency, comfort, safety, security, and sustainability of buildings. For example, smart buildings can adjust lighting, heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems according to occupancy and weather conditions. Smart buildings can also detect and respond to emergencies such as fire or earthquake by activating alarms, sprinklers, or evacuation routes.
5. Modular Construction
Modular construction is a technology that involves building structures or components in factories or off-site locations and then assembling them on-site. Modular construction can offer many benefits such as faster completion time, lower cost, higher quality, less waste, and more flexibility. For example, modular construction can be used to create temporary or permanent housing for disaster relief or remote areas. Modular construction can also be used to create modular skyscrapers that can be easily expanded or relocated according to demand.
Robotics is the branch of technology that deals with the design, construction and operation of robots. Robots can perform tasks that are dangerous, repetitive or impossible for humans to do. Robotics can enhance the productivity, quality and safety of construction work. Some examples of robots used in construction include bricklaying robots, welding robots, demolition robots and inspection robots.
Drones are unmanned aerial vehicles that can fly autonomously or be controlled remotely. Drones can be used for various purposes in construction, such as surveying, mapping, monitoring, inspection and delivery. Drones can provide real-time data, high-resolution images and videos, and access to hard-to-reach areas. Some examples of drones used in construction include drones that spray concrete, drones that build bridges and drones that transport materials.
8. Augmented Reality
Augmented reality is a technology that superimposes digital information onto the physical environment. Augmented reality can be used for various applications in construction, such as design, planning, training and collaboration. Augmented reality can enhance the visualization, communication and interaction of construction projects. Some examples of augmented reality used in construction include augmented reality glasses, helmets and apps.
9. Smart Materials
Smart materials are materials that can change their properties or behavior in response to external stimuli, such as temperature, pressure, light or electricity. Smart materials can be used for various purposes in construction, such as improving performance, durability and efficiency of buildings and structures. Some examples of smart materials used in construction include self-healing concrete, shape-memory alloys and thermochromic glass.
Q.1- Give a complete construction of a modern getaway home
Some steps to complete construction of a modern getaway home are:
– Choose a suitable location and design for your home
– Obtain the necessary permits and approvals from the local authorities
– Hire a reputable contractor and subcontractors to handle the construction work
– Monitor the progress and quality of the work and make adjustments as needed
– Inspect the final result and ensure everything meets your expectations and standards
– Furnish and decorate your home according to your taste and preferences
– Enjoy your new modern getaway home!
Q.2- What is Ingenious Construction?
Ingenious construction is the art and science of designing and building structures that are innovative, efficient, and sustainable. Ingenious construction can be applied to various fields and disciplines, such as architecture, engineering, urban planning, and environmental design. Ingenious construction aims to solve complex problems and challenges by using creative thinking, interdisciplinary collaboration, and cutting-edge technology. Some examples of ingenious construction are: The Eden Project in Cornwall, UK, The Burj Khalifa in Dubai, UAE, The Millau Viaduct in France.
Q.3 What are the New Building Techniques
Some new building techniques that are being developed or implemented in the modern construction industry are:
– 3D printing: This technique uses a robotic arm or a gantry crane to deposit layers of concrete, metal, or other materials to create complex shapes and structures.
– Modular construction: This technique involves assembling prefabricated units or modules at a factory and then transporting them to the site for installation.
– Biophilic design: This technique incorporates natural elements such as plants, water, light, and air into the building design to enhance the well-being and productivity of the occupants.
– Smart buildings: This technique uses sensors, actuators, and software to monitor and control various aspects of the building such as temperature, lighting, security, and ventilation.
– Mass timber: This technique uses large panels of engineered wood products such as cross-laminated timber (CLT) or glued laminated timber (glulam) to construct multi-story buildings.
Q.4- What are some Incredible Tools in Construction?
– Laser level: This tool projects a straight line of laser light onto a surface, allowing workers to align objects or mark positions accurately. Laser levels can be used for installing cabinets, tiles, windows, doors and more.
– Cordless drill: This tool is a versatile and powerful device that can drill holes, drive screws and fasten bolts. Cordless drills are convenient because they do not need to be plugged into an outlet and can be used in different locations.
– Circular saw: This tool is a handheld device that can cut through wood, metal, plastic and other materials. Circular saws have a circular blade that spins at high speed and can make straight or curved cuts. Circular saws are useful for framing, roofing, flooring and more.
– Hammer: This tool is one of the most basic and essential tools in construction. A hammer can be used to drive nails, pry out nails, break objects or shape materials. Hammers come in different sizes, shapes and weights depending on the purpose.
– Tape measure: This tool is a flexible ruler that can measure the length, width or height of objects or spaces. Tape measures are indispensable for planning, designing and estimating construction projects. Tape measures can be retractable or non-retractable and have different units of measurement.
Q.5 – What are some construction hacks?
Construction hacks are tips and tricks that can help you improve your construction skills, save time and money, and avoid common mistakes. Here are some examples of modern construction hacks that you might find useful:
- Use BIM (Building Information Modeling) software to create a 3D model of your project, which can help you plan, design, coordinate, and visualize your construction process. BIM can also help you detect and resolve any clashes or errors before they become costly problems.
- Protect your concrete slabs and floors with a moisture barrier, such as a polyethylene sheet or a liquid membrane. This can prevent water from seeping into the concrete and causing cracks, stains, or mold growth.
- Use a chalk line to mark straight lines on walls, floors, or ceilings. A chalk line is a tool that consists of a string coated with chalk and a reel. You can stretch the string across the surface you want to mark, then snap it to leave a chalk line.
- Hacking is a technique of chiseling or indenting the smooth concrete surface to make it rough, so that you can achieve better bond strength with plasterwork or tile work. Hacking can be done manually or mechanically, depending on the type and size of the surface.
- Use a nail gun to speed up your framing or nailing tasks. A nail gun is a power tool that drives nails into wood or other materials with compressed air or gas. Nail guns can save you time and energy, as well as reduce the risk of hammer injuries.
- Top 10 shoe brands in India for men & women 2023
- Top 10 Adorable Gifts for Your Special One
- Top 10 Countries with Maximum Indian Population as Citizens
- Top 10 Small Business Statistics You Need to Know For 2023
- Top 10 highest paid CEO in the World
- Top 10 richest person of India
- Top 10 Highest Paid CEOs of India
- Top 10 Most Selling Bikes and Scooters of 2022 in India
- The Success Story of Jeff Bezos
- Success Story Of Elon Musk
- Top 10 Business Magazine In India
- Top 10 Business Newspaper In India
- Top 10 Tourist Places in India, places to visit after lockdown