Written by: Geetanjali
Amrit Udyan (garden) Utsav 2024: Nature’s Grand celebration unveiled
Amrit Udyan is a part of The Rashtrapati Bhavan, spread across 15 acres of land with multiple gardens and Vatikas. The gates to Amrit Udyan formerly known as The Mughal Garden opened on February 2nd 2024. Amrit Udyan will remain open to the general public from February 2nd 2024 to March 31st 2024.
As the Sun paints the sky with its golden hues, flowers bloom in delight. The air gets filled with the cheerful melody of birdsong. This is the beginning of Basant Ritu (Spring season), which proclaims the beginning of Amrit Udyan Utsav 2024(Amrit Udyan Utsav is a free biannual flower festival organised in The Rashtrapati Bhawan).
This edition of Utsav is noteworthy as on 8th to 11th February “Vividhta ka Amrit Mahotsav” North-Eastern festival will be celebrated(The festival is being organised by Delhi University, festival includes handicraft fair, cultural performances, workshops, art exhibitions, youth engagement zone and North-Eastern food festival).General public can get to see a variety of flowers including tulips,daffodils,oriental and asiatic lilies and 100+ varieties of roses in the theme garden.
# Amrit Udyan visiting dates 2024.
Rashtrapati Bhavan Amrit Udyan will be accessible to the general public from:
|Amrit Udyan opening date 2024
|Amrit Udyan closing date 2024
|Entry Gate No.
|35 of Rashtrapati Bhawan
|Last entry allowed
Apart from the general entry, special entry for people from special category is created: General entry is from 2nd february to 31st march, only people from these special category are allowed to visit on these 4 days which is not open to the general public.
- February-22-2024: Differently abled people (including visually impaired)
- February-23-2024: Defence forces and personnel form paramilitary and police.
- March-1-2024: Women and tribal women’s SHG’s
- March-5-2024: Children of orphanages in and around Delhi NCR.
# Timings and visiting days and hours.
The Udyan will open at 10 A.M and close at 5 P.M and no entries will be allowed after 4 P.M. The best time to visit Amrit Udyan is early in the morning when the garden first opens(10 A.M), as there will be less crowd which will give you more time to explore the garden properly. Amrit Udyan stays open 6 days a week from Tuesday to Sunday. Mondays and Gazetted Holidays are permanently off.
# Ticket price of Amrit Udyan 2024
There is good news,there is no entry fee for visiting Amrit Udyan. One can explore Amrit Udyan for free, tickets are available through both online and offline mode. Maximum of 30 number of visitors can be registered in a single booking.
Offline tickets can be booked at walk-in registration counters by registering them at gate no-35 of Rashtrapati Bhavan.
Online ticket Booking
Online tickets can be booked from the official website of Rashtrapati Bhavan visit: https://visit.rashtrapatibhavan.gov.in/visit/amrit-udyan/rE. Its required to book online tickets 24 hours prior to the visit.
How to book tickets for Rashtrapati Bhawan Amrit Udyan Utsav 2024 online- step by step.
- Visit official website https://visit.rashtrapatibhavan.gov.in/visit/amrit-udyan/rE and select book now option .
- Choose the option as per your requirements, select date and time slot.
- Confirm your tickets by filling the asked credentials.
- Save and print a copy of your ticket before visiting.
# Which items are allowed/ restricted in The Amrit Udyan?
- Mobile phones are allowed.
- Wallet, purse, handbags, water, milk bottles for babies and umbrellas are allowed.
- Eatables/paan/gutka/cigarettes/backpacks/cameras/video cameras are not permitted inside the Amrit Udyan.
- Carrying arms and ammunition are strictly prohibited inside the Udyan.
# How to Reach Rashtrapati Bhavan Amrit Udyan?
There are 4 metro stations near Rashtrapati Bhawan through which one can reach Amrit Udyan.
Nearest metro stations are:
Free shuttle service is provided from Central Secretariat metro station gate number:- 4. This free shuttle service is provided at an interval of every 30 minutes between 9:30 A.M to 5:00 P.M.
01. Nearest metro station to Amrit Udyan?
Ans:- Central Secretariat in yellow line and shivaji stadium in the orange line is the nearest metro station.
2. Is Amrit Udyan disabled person friendly?
Ans:- Yes, it is.They provide wheelchair facilities.
3. What is the last date to visit Amrit Udyan 2024?
Ans:-March-31-2024 is the last date to visit Amrit Udyan.
4. Is there any locker facilities available at Amrit Udyan?
Ans:-Yes,locker facility is available at The Rashtrapati Bhavan.
5. Full address of Amrit Udyan?
Ans:-Rashtrapati Bhawan, President’s Estate, New Delhi, Delhi 110004.
6. What is the Special attraction at The Rashtrapati Bhawan Amrit Udyan Utsav 2024?
Ans:- There are numerous attractions this year including- Bal Vatika,225 year old sheesham tree, circular garden, central lawn, musical fountain, and theme garden,etc.