“Tesla Will Be in India”: Elon Musk Confirms Plans After Meeting with PM Modi
Written by Sanjay Kumar
- Founders: Elon Musk, Martin Eberhard, JB Straubel, Marc Tarpenning, Ian Wright
- Headquarters: Austin, Texas, United States
- CEO: Elon Musk (Oct 2008)
- Founded: 1 July 2003, San Carlos, California, United States
- Subsidiaries: Tesla Energy, MORE
- Revenue: 8,146.2 crores USD (2022)
Prime Minister Narendra Modi embarked on a significant three-day state visit to the United States, where he met with Tesla CEO and Twitter owner, Elon Musk. Following their meeting, Musk expressed his admiration for PM Modi, stating, “I’m a fan of Modi.”
Musk further elaborated on their encounter, describing it as a fantastic meeting and highlighting their prior acquaintance when Modi visited the Tesla Motors factory a few years ago. Musk expressed great enthusiasm about India’s future, emphasizing its immense potential as a leading nation.
This wasn’t the first meeting between the Prime Minister and Musk, as they had previously connected in 2015 during Modi’s visit to the Tesla Motors factory in California.
When asked about the timeline for Tesla’s entry into India, Musk confidently asserted, “I am confident Tesla will be in India and will do so as soon as humanly possible.”
Musk acknowledged Modi’s genuine concern for India, commending the Prime Minister’s efforts to encourage significant investments in the country. While Musk expressed his eagerness to collaborate with India, he emphasized the importance of determining the right timing to ensure mutual benefits.
In an interview with The Wall Street Journal, Musk affirmed his interest in the Indian market by stating, “Absolutely.”
Prime Minister Narendra Modi took to Twitter to share his thoughts on the meeting with Elon Musk, expressing his gratitude and stating, “Great meeting you today @elonmusk! We had multifaceted conversations on issues ranging from energy to spirituality.” Musk responded by saying, “It was an honor to meet again.”
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) June 21, 2023
Modi appreciated Musk’s endeavors to make technology accessible and affordable across various sectors. He extended an invitation to Musk to explore investment opportunities in India, particularly in the fields of electric mobility and commercial space.
The Prime Minister’s visit to the United States commenced with his departure on Tuesday morning, as he embarked on a prestigious State Visit—an honor reserved by Washington DC for the closest of allies. The visit’s highlights include an address to a joint session of the US Congress, meetings with business leaders and Indian expats, as well as a state dinner at the White House with US President Joe Biden.
Trade and defense ties rank high on the agenda for this significant trip.
- Top 10 shoe brands in India for men & women 2023
- Top 10 Adorable Gifts for Your Special One
- Top 10 Countries with Maximum Indian Population as Citizens
- Top 10 Small Business Statistics You Need to Know For 2023
- Top 10 highest paid CEO in the World
- Top 10 richest person of India
- Top 10 Highest Paid CEOs of India
- Top 10 Most Selling Bikes and Scooters of 2022 in India
- The Success Story of Jeff Bezos
- Success Story Of Elon Musk
- Top 10 Business Newspaper In India
- Top 10 Tourist Places in India, places to visit after lockdown