8 Things You Should Do in Sharjah This Winter
Are you planning to travel to the UAE for a family-friendly vacation? Then head out to Sharjah, which is known for its very lively, entertaining, and family-oriented vacation spots. It’s wonderful to explore due to its many places to shop, sight-see, and enjoy desert adventures.
What Can You Do In Sharjah During The Winter Season?
In winter, the extreme desert heat is gone, and you can enjoy a mild coolness that makes sightseeing fabulous. Check out the many heritage spots where you can learn more about the country in Sharjah, which is its third-largest emirate. Reach it through an AirArabia booking and arrive here comfortably from your country. Here is a look at the best things to do in Sharjah in the coming winter season:
- Make a visit to the beautiful Al Noor Mosque, where you can spend time enjoying the beautiful interiors that have beautiful designs and Quranic phases carved into the walls. The exterior architecture is in the Ottoman style. It is open to people belonging to various communities to visit. Come here in the evening when the sun is setting to enjoy its environment and take lovely photos.
- If you love to shop and want to find unique local products, handicrafts, traditional attire, as well as modern items in clothing, gadgets, perfumes, jewelry, and h handbags, then visit the Blue Souk, which has blue-coloured domes. It is made up of six buildings and has more than 600 stores. spend time here enjoying traditional food in its eateries and buying items that are unique and beautiful that can be shown off back home.
- Explore the underwater marine wonders at the Sharjah Aquarium. Its large tanks are filled with aquatic species that are rare, beautiful, and very interesting to study. It is more of an educational space where you get to see marine life in lagoons and mangroves at close quarters. It covers two floors, and its enormous water tanks and a large area where you can watch marine life moving about make it interesting to tour.
- Make a trip to the Arabian Wildlife Centre, where you can see some beautiful wildlife that is found only in this part of the world. You can see some endangered animals here, such as onyxes, antelopes, etc. It is a place of study about such animals and those that live in this region, and about 100 species inhabit it. You can also visit its botanical garden, where you can study plants, its museum, and its farm for children.
- You can enjoy a massive display of fabulous art at the Maraya Arts Center. Look into its workshop schedules to see what type of innovative art they are teaching. There are many lectures and art-related activities conducted here throughout the year in which you can participate. It also has a library and video archive that you can look into.
- Are you keen on exploring the UAE’s ancient culture? Step into the Mleiha Archaeological Centre, which displays its Bedouin past through various arts and artifacts. Through various excavations, new discoveries are being made about this region. These discoveries are displayed through excavated items that belong to settlers of various ages, such as bronze, pre-Islamic, Islamic, and modern.
- If you love boat riding, then a visit to Al Qasba is a must. It is a canal on which boat rides are available, and it was built to connect two lagoons, Al Khan and Khalid. You can take a boat trip at any time between 4 p.m. in the evening and midnight during the weekdays and until 1 a.m. on weekends and public holidays. It was built 600 years ago and now features many beautiful restaurants and play areas for kids. Enjoy visiting this place by reaching Sharjah through AirArabia booking.
- Spend time with your family visiting the beautiful Sharjah National Park. It’s a large park where you can picnic, enjoy barbeque, eat local snacks, and show your kids nice play areas in which they can enjoy a lovely time. There is also a duck pond where your kids can spend time watching ducks swim in the water. It’s also a place where you can take lots of family photos.
Family vacations can be so fun-filled in Sharjah during the winter season where you can find good deals in shopping malls, delicious food in local eateries and visit different places of cultural heritage.