INNOVATION BEYOND IMAGINATION: THE CORE MANTRA OF ACER INDIA
Bringing forth the transforming and revolutionary electronic products and services, some technology companies have set a distinguished niche in the world of technology. What sets each of them apart is innovation and synchronization with technology? That’s what we want. Products, which are exciting, trendy, stylish, and above all worth spending are in and accepted by the crowd. ACER INDIA is one of the topnotch giants in the technology space and a Company that needs no introduction, but a wide spectrum of its phenomenal services demand a glance
Incepted in 1976, Acer is dedicated to research, design, marketing, sales and support of innovative products and services that enhance people’s lives. Acer is one of the world’s top ICT companies and has a presence in over 160 countries, and has approximately 95,000 retail locations spread across 160+ countries. Acer India was incorporated as a wholly-owned subsidiary of Acer Inc. on 9th September 1999. Acer’s mission in India is to translate the Group’s goal of making computer technology easier to use and more affordable to everyone across the country. With a focused customer-centric approach, Acer in India is offering an unmatched range of products and a vast network of service points to continuously lower the barriers that limit the access to technology.
Acer is a hardware, software, and services company dedicated to the research, design, marketing, sales and support of innovative products that break the barrier between people and technology. Acer’s product offerings include PCs, laptops, gaming devices and accessories, displays, projectors, servers, and tablets. The company is also developing cloud solutions to bring together the Internet of Things. For instance, Acer ITS, an intelligent parking cloud solution has been started for bringing innovative end-to-end parking solutions and thus provide very good parking experience. With this initiative, we try to increase the parking management efficiency and by leveraging the technology, the revenues are increased and assist all the public and private parking operators. With a partner network of over 2500+ channel partners and 100+ exclusive stores in over 370 cities and towns and a network of over 1500+ Acer Customer Service Centers present across India, Acer aims to reach out to its customers across consumer categories in the most effective manner. Acer india products are also available across all major technology multi-brand and e-commerce sites and Acer malls across India.
ENSURING THE TRUST OF CLIENTS OVER THE COMPANY
In the B2C business, it says, “once bitten, twice shy.” That is the awkward story of lapsed customers. Good retailers know that getting the lapsed customer back into their stores is important for growth and positive recommendations. To do so, one has to re-engage these customers, meaningfully reassure them that their future experiences will be excellent, and even offer them a few tangible proofs of this reassurance. Harish Kohli states, “I’ve learned that truth from years of researching in the field of services marketing and service quality. Companies that provide customers who are in a state of stress are especially at risk of losing customer’s trust when they perform poorly. We at Acer have always valued our customers, and therefore, we have strived to provide them with an exceptional after-sales experience through various initiatives. A customer-centric mindset is one in which customer is at the right, left and center of all the activities we do, no matter how far away you are from where all the action is.”
Over the last 20 years, I have seen Acer moved from being a PC company to becoming a No. 1 Gaming PC and technology brand. Acer’s passion for innovation and customer-centricity have taken the company to unprecedented levels, and the company is well poised to change growth orbits, and venture into new horizons in the coming years. India is a price-sensitive market, and Acer India has been the foremost brand that has seen this opportunity much ahead of the competition and brought in products that are at the right price point for the growing market. Also, their rapid retail expansion and offers like easy EMIs, extended warranty and more for gaming products are helping customers to own a gaming PC much more easily.
The PC industry has been enjoying a recovery over the last few years. PC makers have grown comfortable with annual updates to their devices, relying on yearly processor advancements to push consumers to buy new laptops. As Acer India is known for engineering prowess of its Predator division, we have become one of the world’s largest supplier of gaming desktops and laptops in recent years. Taking the lead in producing laptops for creators, Acer India continues to expand its series, now unveiling a completely new product line aimed specifically for creative content creators. Acer ConceptD presents the world’s very first laptops equipped with the latest bestin-class processors; its newest technological innovation made a grand debut at the IFA exhibition. The industry pioneering Prestige AI and deep learning developers that need outstanding computing and graphics power and feature the most powerful 9th Gen Intel® Core™ i7 and i9 processor and impressive color accuracy. A must-have product, top-performing technology will undoubtedly fulfill and enhance the life’s work of creators.
Our brand strategy of ‘progressive design’ is constantly bringing to life bleeding-edge engineering and design powered by R&D that resonates with changing consumer behaviors. Acer India’s consistent growth journey exists only because of its long-term strategy of investing significantly in research, innovation, and marketing.
FEATHERS IN THE CAP
In the last three years Acer has won numerous awards and accolades, some of the significant ones are:
- Acer has been named a CES 2020 Innovations Award Honoree for two innovative products which includes the newly launched Swift 5 notebook and also the World’s First Auto-Portrait Mode projector – Acer C250i
- Acer Predator won Red Dot Award: Brands & Communication Design & for Swift 7, Chromebook 715, Chromebook 11, Predator XB3, in July 2019
- Acer won iF Design Award 2019 for Swift 7, Predator Triton 900, Predator Thronos in March 2019
- Acer won Most Selling Gaming Laptop for Acer Predator Helios at 10th Best Brand & Product Innovation Honor Digital Terminal Awards -2019
- Acer has won the ‘Global ICT Excellence Award – Private Sector Excellence’ at the “Olympics Of Global ICT Industry”- the World Congress on Information Technology (WCIT) 2018 for its Smart Parking Meter solution. The award was announced and presented during the 22nd edition of WCIT held in India on February 19, hosted by the World Information Technology and Services Alliance (WITSA), India’s IT BPM industry association NASSCOM, and the Government of Telangana.
- Acer won ‘Golden Peacock Award 2017’ for Innovative Product/Service. This award was received for the Acer’s innovation of presenting world’s thinnest laptop- Acer Aspire Swift 7. The honour recognizes the company’s contribution towards innovation and it appreciates our effort of bringing the newest and ground-breaking technologies to the market.
- AIL received the ‘The Best Customer Service Initiative’ brand, at The Customer Fest Show, 2017, which highlighted Acer’s seamless determinations to provide unmatched services to its customers through various innovative initiatives and programs.
- AIL also bagged the prestigious Retail Excellence Award, 2017 in the Impactful retail design & Visual Merchandising category. Acer was judged on parameters like, contemporary design and style, ambience lighting, new product experience zone, category wise product display etc.
- Another prestigious “BBC Knowledge National Digital Marketing Award” was also won for recognition of the campaign titled “Acer- The brand certified by Geeks”. Featuring a top Bollywood celebrity, Anushka Sharma, the campaign endorsed geeks by highlighting the chemistry between them and the brand they endorse – i.e. ACER. This idea was conceptualized to establish ACER as a brand certified by those who understand technology.
Being the No. 1 laptop gaming brand in India, Acer is constantly innovating and re-innovating its products to provide their end customers the required machine. In the gaming segment, Acer has always emerged as the leading brand and gained the top spot in the market for its critically acclaimed and widely popular Predator and Nitro series laptops. The company also achieved a significant milestone by becoming No. 3 monitor brand in India. Acer India has the widest portfolio of PC gaming products which includes laptops, desktops, monitors and accessories specifically designed for beginners to professional gamers. To add to this growing gaming fever in the country, Acer India also organized Asia’s largest DOTA2 and PUBG gaming tournament – The Predator Gaming League to encourage budding e-sports players in India. Acer’s objective is to grow the gaming market holistically by supporting the industry through cutting-edge products, training, and professional e-sports event.
Acer India has been the No. 1 brand in Gaming for 2 years running as per IDC reports. To ascertain our position, Acer launched 8 gaming laptops and accessories in India which include Triton 500, Triton 900, Helios 300, Helios 700, Nitro 5, Nitro 7, Nitro Stream and AOPEN Monitors, etc. and, these devices are ready to conquer the gaming arena with the latest processor, integrated Pass-Through Feature, cutting edge 3D Technology, 4th Gen AeroBlade™, Waves MaxxAudio® Suite + Waves Nx® 3D Virtual Sound and much more to give the gamers an immersive gaming experience, more powerful devices that combine technical prowess.
In 2019, Acer became the No.1 brand in Government Education segment by winning the largest ICT order in India, making it a great moment of pride and a significant validation of our business practices.
At the recently concluded IFA 2019, Acer unveiled a plethora of new devices, such as ConceptD Pro notebooks featuring Nvidia Quadro GPUs, 14-inch Swift 5 notebook, 14-inch Swift 3 notebook, Predator Triton 300 gaming notebook, and four new Chromebooks. In addition to the new laptops, Acer also announced the launch of the C250i portable LED projector, Planet9 e-sports platform, and Nitro XV3 series monitors.
Leave a Reply