Flipkart forays, into the hospitality business, launches hotel booking feature
India’s domestic e-commerce marketplace Flipkart has announced the launch of a new hotel-booking feature on its platform, Flipkart Hotels, to enhance its offerings in the hospitality business.
In a press release, the company said, “In order to provide better accessibility and choice to customers, Flipkart Hotels will provide customers with an opportunity to book hotel rooms across three lakh domestic and international hotels. With the launch of hotel services, Flipkart aims to offer its customers a host of affordable benefits including affordable travel and booking policies, easy EMI options, etc. to make travel affordable and a budget-friendly option.”
Online retail company
- CEO: Kalyan Krishnamurthy (Jan 2017)
- Founded: October 2007, Bengaluru
- Revenue: 43,615 crores INR (US$5.7 billion, 2019)
- Headquarters: Bengaluru
- Founders: Binny Bansal, Sachin Bansal
- Subsidiaries: Myntra, Cleartrip, PhonePe, Ekart, Mallers, Inc., MORE
The company owns online travel company Cleartrip, whose application program interface will use and integrate into its app and website. Apart from deals, it will have a customer service center for support and user-related queries. Along with that, Flipkart is also allowing users to access third-party offers on the platform.
“With the support of Cleartrip’s Application Programming Interface (API), Flipkart Hotels will benefit from Cleartrip’s deep understanding of travel customers and sectors. This new option, which is accessible through the Flipkart app, offers a hassle-free booking process and timely communication through popular messaging apps “cites the company.
“2022 has been a great year so far for the hospitality industry, with a significant increase in demand in both the domestic and international travel industry. New travel trends like exploring lesser-known destinations, long stays, workstations, and vacation rentals are becoming mainstream,” the company added.
According to Flipkart, the next festive quarter is expected to be even better for the overall travel industry, seeing a growth of 70 percent in the previous quarter as compared to a CAGR of 60 percent in the last two years. Adarsh Menon, Senior Vice President, Company said, “With the financial offerings of our banking partner, customers will find great value in this segment and enhance our capabilities as the preferred one-stop shop for the travel booking needs of Indian customers.”
- Top 10 shoe brands in India for men & women 2021
- Top 10 Schools in Delhi 2021, list of best schools for your child
- Top 10 richest actors in the world 2021
- Business vs Job: Which is Better
- Top 10 series on Netflix 2021, don’t miss these must-watch series
- Upcoming List of Top Indian Web Series of 2021
- Top 10 richest player of the world 2021
- Top 10 highest paid CEO in the World
- Top 10 richest person of India
- Top 10 Highest Paid CEOs of India
- The Success Story of Steve Jobs
- Top 10 Business Magazine In India
- Top 10 Business Newspaper In India
- Top 10 richest billionaires in the world 2021
Leave a Reply