India celebrates National Education Day on 11.11.22: Remembering Maulana Abul Kalam Azad’s unforgettable contributions
National Education Day is an annual event and it is celebrated every year on 11th November. The purpose of this day is to celebrate the life and achievements of Maulana Abul Kalam Azad, the first Education Minister of India. Azad played a significant role in shaping the country’s education system and laid the base for higher education and scientific research.
Apart from being a freedom fighter, Abul Kalam was also a very famous writer. The day was started in the year 2008 when the then President Pratibha Patil declared 11 November as National Education Day at Vigyan Bhawan. This day is celebrated to pay tribute to Maulana Abul Kalam Azad, who made an invaluable contribution to the education of the nation.
This year’s theme: The focus theme of this day is ‘Education’. The Ministry of Education sets a different focus area every year. For National Education Day 2022, the theme is “Changing Curriculum and Transforming Education”.
Maulana Abul Kalam Azad’s contribution
Maulana Abul Kalam Azad served as the Education Minister of India from 15 August 1947 to 02 February 1958. He was a freedom fighter, scholar, writer, and senior leader of the Indian National Congress who established some important institutions in the country.
Azad has contributed to the set-up of several academic institutes- University Grants Commission (UGC), Secondary Education Commission, All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), and other bodies. The institutes like Jamia Millia Islamia (Abul Kalam also assisted in shifting the university campus from Aligarh to New Delhi in 1934. Now, the main gate of the campus is named after him), and IIT Kharagpur were established during his tenure. He was also responsible for establishing Sahitya Academy, Lalit Kala Academy, Sangeet Natak Academy, Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR),and Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR).
Motivational quotes by Maulana Abul Kalam Azad
- “Education imparted by heart can bring revolution in the society.”
- “Educationists should inculcate and idealize the spirit of inquiry, creativity, entrepreneurial and ethical leadership capacity among the students.”
- “To succeed in your mission, you must have single-minded devotion to your goal.”
- “You have to dream before your dreams can come true.”
- “Slavery is worst even if it bears beautiful names.”
- Upcoming List of Top Indian Web Series of 2021
- Top 10 richest player of the world 2021
- Top 10 highest-paid Indian Athletes 2021
- Top 10 highest paid CEO in the World
- Top 10 richest person of India
- Top 10 Highest Paid CEOs of India
- List Of Most Followed Facebook Pages in 2021
- The Success Story of Jeff Bezos
- Success Story Of Elon Musk
- Top 10 Business Magazine In India
- Top 10 Business Newspaper In India
- Top 10 richest billionaires in the world 2021
- Upcoming English Web Series in 2021
- Top 10 Tourist Places in India, places to visit after lockdown