Meta Verified Launches in India: A Closer Look at Cost & Essential Details
Written by Sanjay Kumar
- Founders: Mark Zuckerberg, Eduardo Saverin, Andrew McCollum, Dustin Moskovitz, Chris Hughes
- CEO: Mark Zuckerberg (Jul 2004)
- Headquarters: Menlo Park, California, United States
- Subsidiaries: WhatsApp, Giphy, Novi Financial, Inc., Kustomer, MORE
- Founded: February 2004, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
- CTO: Andrew Bosworth
- CFO: David Wehner
Meta has recently announced the availability of its subscription model, Meta Verified, in India. This exciting news follows the introduction of a waitlist in the country five weeks ago. Mark Zuckerberg shared the update on his Instagram Channel, revealing that Meta Verified can now be accessed in India, the UK, and Canada, with Brazil soon to join the list.
Retention of Verified Status for Existing Accounts
Mark Zuckerberg also mentioned that previously verified accounts on Instagram and Facebook will retain their verified status without any charge.
Steps to Subscribe to Meta Verified Services
To subscribe to Meta Verified, certain criteria have been established by the company. Applicants must have prior familiarity with either Facebook or Instagram, along with a few posted content pieces. Additionally, they must be at least 18 years old and provide a government-issued identification document featuring their name and photograph, which should match the information displayed on their Facebook or Instagram account.
Details of Meta Verified Subscription
Similar to the Twitter Blue subscription, Meta Verified offers several benefits. Mark Zuckerberg stated that the primary goal of Meta Verified is to enhance authenticity and security across Meta’s various services.
Benefits of Meta Verified Subscription
- Meta Verified badge: Subscribers will receive the Meta Verified badge, which enhances their authenticity and credibility on the platform.
- Protection against impersonation: Verified users will be safeguarded against impersonation by the company.
- Genuine customer support: Subscribers will have access to genuine customer support, eliminating the need to deal with automated bots.
- Amplified visibility: By paying the monthly subscription fees, users can expect their content to have amplified visibility, resulting in a broader reach. Their content will be displayed more frequently in people’s feeds, search results, and comments.
- Exclusive stickers for Stories and Reels: Subscribers will enjoy exclusive stickers for Stories and Reels on both Facebook and Instagram.
- 100 Stars per month: Subscribers will receive 100 Stars per month on Facebook, where available, to support other creators.
Subscription Pricing for Meta Verified
Earlier this year in March, Meta announced the pricing details for Meta Verified in India. The subscription cost for web-based subscribers (Facebook only) is set at INR 599 per month, while Android and iOS users will be charged INR 699 per month for Meta Verified.
- Top 10 shoe brands in India for men & women 2023
- Top 10 Adorable Gifts for Your Special One
- Top 10 Countries with Maximum Indian Population as Citizens
- Top 10 Small Business Statistics You Need to Know For 2023
- Top 10 highest paid CEO in the World
- Top 10 richest person of India
- Top 10 Highest Paid CEOs of India
- Top 10 Most Selling Bikes and Scooters of 2022 in India
- The Success Story of Jeff Bezos
- Success Story Of Elon Musk
- Top 10 Business Newspaper In India
- Top 10 Tourist Places in India, places to visit after lockdown