PM Modi Holds Meeting with Micron CEO, Discusses Firm’s Semiconductor Plan for India
Written by Sanjay Kumar
- Micron Technology commits to invest USD 825 million in a semiconductor assembly and test facility in Gujarat, India.
- ‘SemiconIndia 2023’ conference inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi to boost India’s semiconductor ecosystem.
- Micron’s CEO, Sanjay Mehrotra, praises India’s potential, aiming to create 20,000 jobs through the semiconductor project.
CEO of Micron Technology
- Born: 27 June 1958 (age 65 years), Kanpur
- Education: Birla Institute Of Technology And Science–Pilani (BITS–Pilani)
- Spouse: Sangeeta Mehrotra
- Children: Malika Mehrotra, Mahncy Mehrotra
- Organization founded: SanDisk
- Title: CEO of Micron
Sanjay Mehrotra, the President and CEO of Micron Technology, a semiconductor company, met with Prime Minister Narendra Modi in Gandhinagar, Gujarat. During their discussion, they focused on Micron’s plans to strengthen India’s semiconductor manufacturing ecosystem.
In Gandhinagar, the three-day ‘SemiconIndia 2023’ conference commenced with the presence of Prime Minister Narendra Modi. The conference, organized by the India Semiconductor Mission in collaboration with industry associations, aimed to attract investments in India’s budding semiconductor ecosystem. This event marked its second edition, following last year’s Semicon India held in Bengaluru.
The core theme of the conference was ‘Catalysing India’s Semiconductor Ecosystem,’ with a vision to transform India into a global hub for semiconductor design, manufacturing, and technology development.
“I thank PM Modi for the vision to make India a global hub for semiconductors…Micron is committed to building a semiconductor assembly and test facility in Gujarat. We estimate that our project in Gujarat will create nearly 5000 direct jobs and additional 15,000 jobs in the community. We are hopeful that this investment will help catalyse other investments in the sector…Digital India and Make in India are creating a truly transformative energy that will continue to drive positive progress…,” said Sanjay Mehrotra, CEO, of Micron Technology, speaking at the event.
During Prime Minister Modi’s recent visit to the United States, Micron Technology revealed its investment plans for India. The company pledged to invest up to USD 825 million in constructing a new semiconductor assembly and test facility in the country, with support from the Indian government.
Micron Technology chose Gujarat’s SANAND Industrial Park (Gujarat Industrial Development Corporation – GIDC) as the location for its facility, considering its excellent manufacturing infrastructure, favorable business environment, and reliable talent pool.
The construction of the new assembly and test facility in Gujarat is set to begin in 2023, with a phased approach. Micron anticipates starting Phase 2 of the project, which will involve constructing a facility of a similar scale to Phase 1, sometime in the second half of the decade.
- Stock Market Update
- Top 10 shoe brands in India for men & women 2023
- Top 10 Adorable Gifts for Your Special One
- Top 10 Countries with Maximum Indian Population as Citizens
- Top 10 Small Business Statistics You Need to Know For 2023
- Top 10 highest paid CEO in the World
- Top 10 richest person of India
- Top 10 Highest Paid CEOs of India
- Top 10 Most Selling Bikes and Scooters of 2022 in India
- The Success Story of Jeff Bezos
- Success Story Of Elon Musk
- Top 10 Business Newspaper In India