Top 10 Jewelry brands in India to make this wedding season more fabulous
Jewelry helps in enhancing one’s beauty. It is also a symbol of wealth, power, and status. For some, jewelry is a form of art and creative expression in itself. Some people use jewelry as a part of their traditions and culture. There are various jewelry brands in India but very few people know about the top 10 jewelry brands so to help you in this matter we have come up with a list of the top 10 jewelry brands which will be icing on the cake for you this wedding season.
Top 10 Jewelry brands in India
01 – Malabar Gold and Diamonds
- Type – Private
- Industry – Jewellers
- Number of locations – 250 showrooms
- Area served – India, United States, UAE, Singapore, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Malaysia
- Products – Gold, Diamonds, and Silver
- Number of employees – 50000
Malabar Gold and Diamonds is a BIS-certified Indian jewelry group headquartered in Kozhikode, Kerala, India. In the year 1993, M. P. Ahammed started it. Currently, the business operates more than 260 showrooms in ten different countries, making it one of the largest chains of jewelry stores in the world. Apart from the jewelry business, the company also owns a network of luxury watch boutiques across India, which operates under the name Malabar Watches.
Malabar Golds & Diamonds are now pursuing an aggressive retail expansion strategy with a goal of adding 750 stores globally over the following five years. Target markets for this expansion strategy include Singapore, Sri Lanka, Indonesia, Malaysia, and Bangkok.
02 – TBZ (Tribhovandas Bhimji Zaveri)
- Founded – 1864
- Founder – Tribhovandas Bhimji Zaveri
- Successor – Gopaldas Tribhovandas Zaveri
- Headquarters – Zaveri Bazaar, Mumbai, India
- Number of locations – 31
- Key people – Shrikant Zaveri, Chairman & Managing Director
- Products – Jewelry
- Revenue – INR 8.8 billion (US$100 million) (2010)
Established in 1864 by Tribhuvandas Bhimji Zaveri in Zaveri Bazaar, Mumbai’s jewelery market, it was later led by his son Gopaldas Tribhuvandas Zaveri and now the current Chairman and Managing Director Shrikant Zaveri is leading the group. The company today has 37 showrooms in Mumbai, Surat, Kochi, Bhopal, Hyderabad, Kolkata, and 23 cities in 11 states. In 2019, TBZ signed Sara Ali Khan as its official brand ambassador.
The company has 37 showrooms under the “Tribovandas Bhimji Zaveri” brand (5 franchisees owned by 32 (companies) for gold jewelry and diamond studded jewelry. Also, it has two designer boutiques under “Krisla”, where it sells studded and diamond studded jewelry.
03 – Tanishq
- Type – Subsidiary
- Industry – Jewellers
- Founded – 2004; 18 years ago
- Headquarters – Bangalore, Karnataka, India
- Area served – Worldwide
- Parent – Titan Company
A division of Titan Company, Tanishq is an Indian jewelry brand. Tanishq was established in 1994 and has its headquarters in Bangalore, India’s Karnataka state. The term Tanishq was coined by Mr. Xerxes Desai by marrying the words ‘Tan’ meaning body and ‘Nishk’ meaning a gold ornament. Tanishq, which stands for superior craftsmanship, exclusive designs, and superlative product quality, has become India’s fastest-growing jewelry brand.
Tanishq made the beauty pageant crowns for the Femina Miss India 2007. Tanishq operated 105 stores across 71 Indian cities as of 2008. In 2011, the Tanishq group launched a sub-brand called Mia for working women. Tanishq marked a significant milestone in November 2012 when it inaugurated its 150th showroom in India.
The brand fully understands the nature of the current Indian jewelry market and keeps on evolving with its changing demands and preferences.
04 – Kalyan Jewellers
- Founder: T. S. Kalyanaraman
- Founded: 1993, Thrissur
- Headquarters: Thrissur
- Area served: Middle East
- Owner: Kalyan Jewellers
- Number of employees: 8,000
Kalyan Jewellers India Ltd is a Jewellery company. The company’s main lines of business include the design, manufacture, and retail of a wide range of gold, studded, and other jewelry products for special occasions including weddings, festivals, and other events. Around 2,000 artisans (directly and indirectly) from all over India are employed by the company. To increase its online presence, Kalyan Jewellers partnered with Mumbai-based online jewelry retailer Candere in 2017. Kalyan Jewellers released 100 million ($1.3 million) in March 2020 towards COVID-19 relief efforts.
05 – Bhima jewelers
- Founded: 1925, Alappuzha
- Headquarters: Kochi
- Founder: Bhima Bhattar
- Number of locations: >116
- Number of employees: 78000
- Type of business: Privately held company
Bhima Jewellers is a jewelry retail company based in India. In the year 1925, Bhima Bhattar founded it. Currently, the group employs more than 2000 people across 116 jewelry stores in South India. Bhima Jewellers were the first jewelry store to introduce the readymade jewelry concept under the guidance of its founder Bhima Bhattar.
Products: Traditional Kerala designs, Bengali heavy-weight designs, Tamil Nadu designs, Nellore color Stone studded jewelry, Karwar precious Stone studded jewelry, diamond, platinum, and silver jewelry With a turnover of INR 48,000 crore in 2022, it was considered one of the six firms that controlled India’s gold.
06 – Joyalukkas jewelers
- Founder: Joy Alukkas
- Headquarters: Thrissur, Kerala, India
- Founded: 1987
- Number of locations: 85 showrooms in India and 45 showrooms internationally
- Subsidiary: Joyalukkas India Limited
Alukkas Varghese Joy, who has over 33 years of experience in the jewelry business, founded Joyalukkas. The company started by building a showroom in Kerala’s Kottayam in 2002. Since then, it has grown its network to 85 showrooms operating under the Joyalukkas brand in 68 Indian cities. The company also operates several large-format stores with an area of over 8,000 square feet.
Its jewelry items are divided into four categories: Gold jewelry, silver jewelry, diamond jewelry, platinum, and other precious metal and stone-based jewelry. Joyalukkas recorded a net profit of INR 472 crore on revenues of INR 8,066 crore in FY21.
07 – Amrapali Jewellers
- Type – Private limited company
- Industry – Gems & Jewellery
- Founded – 1978
- Founder – Rajiv Arora and Rajesh Ajmera
- Headquarters – Jaipur, India
- Area served – Worldwide
- Key people – Rajiv Arora, Rajesh Ajmera, Tarang Arora & Akanksha Arora
- Products – Jewelry & Accessories
Amrapali Jewellers is a jewelry house founded in 1978 by Rajiv Arora and Rajesh Ajmera in Jaipur. Amrapali designs produce and distribute tribal, fine, and uncut gemstone jewelry. Both London and India have stores for the brand. The company also runs an Indian jewelry museum in Jaipur. The client range of the brand includes Hollywood bigshots like Rihanna, Scarlett Johnson, and Jennifer Lopez to Bollywood actresses like Sonam Kapoor, Deepika Padukone, Sonam Kapoor, and Alia Bhatt. In 2013, Amrapali Jewels introduced Tribe, its online cosmetic jewelry business.
08 – CaratLane
- Type of site – Private Limited
- Headquarters – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
- Founder(s) – Mithun Sacheti, Srinivasa Gopalan
- CEO – Mithun sacheti
- Key people – (Co-Founders) Avnish Anand, Gurukeerthi G
- Industry – e-Commerce
CaratLane is an Indian physical and online jewelry retailer, headquartered in Chennai, India. Mithun Sacheti and Srinivasa Gopalan founded the company in 2008. As of July 2016, the company is a subsidiary of Titan Jewellery and is marketed as a partnership with Tanishq. The business operated 130 stores in 36 Indian cities as of December 2021.
Before opening physical stores, the company first operated as an online retailer, with its first location in Chennai. On August 20, 2015, CaratLane launched an app that lets users virtually try on earrings available on their site using facial recognition and 3D image technologies.
09 – PC Jeweller
- Type – Joint-stock company
- Traded as – BSE: 534809, NSE: PCJEWELLER
- Industry – Jewellery
- Founded – 2005; 17 years ago
- Headquarters – New Delhi, India
- Key people – Balram Garg (Managing Director)
- Products – Gold, Diamond Jewellery, and silver articles
- Revenue – INR 20.59 billion (US$260 million) (2019)
PC Jeweler Limited (PCJ) is one of the leading jewelry companies in India. The company offers a wide range of products including gold jewelry, diamond jewelry, and other jewelry with an emphasis on diamond jewelry and jewelry for weddings. The company currently operates 92 showrooms across 75 locations, 82 of which are corporate-owned, and the remaining 10 are operated by franchisees. PCJ, one of the leading jewelry brands in the country, has a diverse collection of Diamond Stones, Gold Polki, and Kundan varieties.
10 – Shubh Jewellers
- Parent Company – Rajesh Exports Ltd.
- Industry – Gold (Retailing)
- Type of business – Private
- Founded in – 2012
- Headquarters – Bangalore (India)
- Products – Gold Products
- Stores – 80+
Rajesh Exports, the largest gold exporter in India, owns Shubh Jewellers. Headquartered in Bangalore, Shubh Jewellers was launched in 2012. It introduced “Real Rate Per Gram,” where the greatest jewelry designs are sold by weight at the price of gold without adding any additional charges. It owns a catalog containing more than 27,000 designs, which are generally popular for wedding occasions or traditions. Currently, the state of Karnataka in southern India has approximately 80 Shubh showrooms.
01. Who are the top 10 Jewellery makers in India?
The top 10 Jewellery makers in India are as follows: –
- Top Jewellery makers in India – Tanishq
- Top Jewellery makers in India – Malabar Gold and Diamonds
- Top Jewellery makers in India – TBZ (Tribhovandas Bhimji Zaveri)
- Top Jewellery makers in India – Kalyan Jewellers
- Top Jewellery makers in India – Bhima jewelers
- Top Jewellery makers in India – Joyalukkas jewelers
- Top Jewellery makers in India – Amrapali Jewellers
- Top Jewellery makers in India – CaratLane
- Top Jewellery makers in India – PC Jeweller
- Top Jewellery makers in India – Shubh Jewellers
02. Which are the top 10 Luxurious Designer Jewelry Brands in the World?
The top 10 Luxurious Designer Jewelry Brands in the World are as follows: –
- Top luxurious Designer Jewelry Brands – Tiffany & Co
- Top luxurious Designer Jewelry Brands – Cartier
- Top luxurious Designer Jewelry Brands – BvLgari
- Top luxurious Designer Jewelry Brands – Harry Winston
- Top luxurious Designer Jewelry Brands – Van Cleef & Arpels
- Top luxurious Designer Jewelry Brands – Chopard
- Top luxurious Designer Jewelry Brands – David Yurman
- Top luxurious Designer Jewelry Brands – Buccellati
- Top luxurious Designer Jewelry Brands – Boucheron
- Top luxurious Designer Jewelry Brands – Hermes
03. Which are the top 10 Countries with the Highest Demand for Gold Jewelry?
The top 10 Countries with the Highest Demand for Gold Jewelry are as follows: –
Source: GFMS Gold Survey 2019 H2 Update & Outlook
04. Which is the No 1 Jewellery brand in the world?
The No 1 Jewellery brand in the world is as follows: –
Harry Winston, Inc. is an American luxury jeweler and producer of Swiss timepieces.
05. Which are the top 10 Jewellery Reselling apps in India?
- Shop 101
- Amazon Seller Marketplace
- Quiker Bazar
06. Why Should you Become a Jewellery Reseller?
There are many advantages of becoming a jewellery reseller such as: –
- Jewellery is an essential accessory for occasions
- You don’t have to invest anything to start
- High commission
07. Which are the top 10 Digital Gold Investment Platforms in 2022?
The top 10 Digital Gold Investment Platforms in 2022 are as follows: –
- Top Digital Gold Investment Platforms – Phonepe
- Top Digital Gold Investment Platforms – Paytm
- Top Digital Gold Investment Platforms – Google Pay
- Top Digital Gold Investment Platforms – Groww
- Top Digital Gold Investment Platforms – Airtel Payment Bank
- Top Digital Gold Investment Platforms – HDFGC Seurities
- Top Digital Gold Investment Platforms – Motilal Oswal
- Top Digital Gold Investment Platforms – Amazon.in
- Top Digital Gold Investment Platforms – Upstox
- Top Digital Gold Investment Platforms – 5Paisa Capital Ltd
08. Who are the best 10 Jewellery Designers in India?
The Best 10 Jewellery Designers in India are as follows: –
1. Farah Khan Ali (Farah Khan Fine Jewellery) Farah Khan Ali is one of the most successful and popular jewellery designers in India.
2. Suhani Pittie
3. Asha Kamal Modi (Art Karat)
4. Varuna D Jani
5. Mira Gulhati
6. Nitya Arora (Valliyan by Nitya)
7. Moni Agrawal
8. Poonam Soni
9. PREETI JAIN (JEWELS BY PREETI)
10. PALLAVI FOLEY (PALLAVI FOLEY BOUTIQUE JEWELS)
- Top 10 Young Entrepreneurs in India 2022
- Upcoming Indian Web Series for 2022-23
- Top 10 Hospitals in India 2022
- Top 10 richest player of the world 2021
- Top 10 highest-paid Indian Athletes 2021
- Top 10 highest paid CEO in the World
- Top 10 richest person of India
- Top 10 Highest Paid CEOs of India
- List Of Most Followed Facebook Pages in 2022
- The Success Story of Jeff Bezos
- Success Story Of Elon Musk
- Top 10 Business Magazine In India
- Top 10 Business Newspaper In India
- Top 10 richest billionaires in the world 2021
- Upcoming English Web Series in 2021
- Top 10 Tourist Places in India, places to visit after lockdown