10 years Oscars ban on Will Smith: Says “I accept & respect the academy’s decision”
By Sanjay Maurya
The film Academy has imposed a 10-year ban on actor Will Smith after he disrupted the 94th Academy Awards by slapping presenter Chris Rock on stage. For the next ten years, Smith will be barred from attending any Academy-related events, both virtual and in person. It does not, however, ineligible him from receiving Oscar nominations. The decision was taken after a meeting of the Academy’s Board of Governors to discuss the incident.
- Born: 25 September 1968 (age 53 years), Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
- Height: 1.88 m
- Full name: Willard Carroll Smith Jr.
- Spouse: Jada Pinkett Smith (m. 1997), Sheree Zampino (m. 1992–1995)
- Children: Jaden Smith, Willow Smith, Trey Smith
- Parents: Willard Carroll Smith, Sr., Caroline Bright
“I Accept Academy’s Decision,” Will Smith
In a recent interview with Page Six, Will Smith, who has been barred from attending the Oscars for the next ten years, reacted to Academy’s decision, “I embrace and respect the Academy’s decision,” he said.
“The Board has decided, for 10 years from April 8, 2022, Mr. Smith shall not be permitted to attend any Academy events or programs, in person or virtually, including but not limited to the Academy Awards,” wrote president David Rubin and CEO Dawn Hudson in a letter,” news agency AFP reported.
Will Smith is also barred from attending any Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences events for the next ten years. According to AFP (news agency company), the board’s decision did not revoke Smith’s best actor award for King Richard last month, nor put a hold on future Oscar nominations.
GI Jane 2 joke
It all started when Chris Rock took the stage to present the award for Best Documentary Feature and made a joke about Will Smith’s wife and actress Jada Pinkett Smith being in “G.I. Jane” because of her shaved head, which enraged The Pursuit Of Happiness actor, who smacked Chris Rock and yelled, “Keep my wife’s name out of your f*****g mouth!” Will Smith later apologised to the Academy and his fellow nominees when accepting the Best Actor award. The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences began a “formal review” of the situation a few days ago and also apologized to Chris Rock for the incident.
- Top 10 Young Entrepreneurs in India 2022
- Upcoming Indian Web Series for 2022-23
- Top 10 Hospitals in India 2022
- Top 10 richest player of the world 2021
- Top 10 highest-paid Indian Athletes 2021
- Top 10 highest paid CEO in the World
- Top 10 richest person of India
- Top 10 Highest Paid CEOs of India
- List Of Most Followed Facebook Pages in 2022
- The Success Story of Jeff Bezos
- Success Story Of Elon Musk
- Top 10 Business Magazine In India
- Top 10 Business Newspaper In India
- Top 10 richest billionaires in the world 2021
- Upcoming English Web Series in 2021
- Top 10 Tourist Places in India, places to visit after lockdown