Sundar Pichai Reveals Google’s Plan to Establish Global Fintech Center in Gujarat
Written by Sanjay Kumar
Chief Executive Officer of Google
- Born: 10 June 1972 (age 51 years), Madurai
- Education: Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania (2000–2002), MORE
- Spouse: Anjali Pichai
- Children: Kavya Pichai, Kiran Pichai
- Parents: Regunatha Pichai, Lakshmi Pichai
- Siblings: Srinivasan Pichai
- Awards: Padma Bhushan (2022)
Following a meeting with Prime Minister Narendra Modi in Washington, DC on June 23, Sundar Pichai, CEO of Google and Alphabet, made an announcement stating that Google will invest $10 billion in India’s digitization fund. He also revealed plans to establish a global fintech operation center in Gujarat.
Sundar Pichai commended Prime Minister Modi’s visionary approach to Digital India, a flagship campaign of the Modi government. He acknowledged that the Prime Minister’s vision was ahead of its time and now serves as a blueprint for other nations.
Expressing his gratitude for the opportunity to meet PM Modi during this momentous visit to the U.S., Mr. Pichai stated, “We shared with the Prime Minister that Google is investing $10 billion in India’s digitization fund.” He further added, “We are excited to announce the opening of our global fintech operation center in GIFT City, Gujarat.”
GIFT City, also known as the Gujarat International Finance Tec-City, is a developing central business district located in the Gandhinagar district of Gujarat.
Sundar Pichai, who joined Google in 2004, assumed the role of CEO in 2015. He had previously met PM Modi in December of the previous year during a visit to New Delhi and expressed admiration for the rapid technological advancements taking place under the Prime Minister’s leadership.
PM Modi engages with top business leaders
In addition to Sundar Pichai, Prime Minister Modi also held meetings with Amazon CEO Andrew Jassy and Boeing CEO David L. Calhoun in Washington.
During an interview with ANI, David L. Calhoun remarked, “The most significant takeaway is the PM’s dedication to India’s development. He has a specific interest in aviation and aerospace. It is a grand vision.”
He emphasized the crucial role India plays, not just for the country itself but also for the wider region, particularly in the aviation and aerospace sectors.
On the other hand, Amazon CEO Andrew Jassy expressed his commitment to generating more employment opportunities in India after meeting with PM Modi. He stated, “I am very interested in helping create more jobs, digitizing small and medium-sized businesses, and facilitating the global export of Indian companies and products.”
- Top 10 shoe brands in India for men & women 2023
- Top 10 Adorable Gifts for Your Special One
- Top 10 Countries with Maximum Indian Population as Citizens
- Top 10 Small Business Statistics You Need to Know For 2023
- Top 10 highest paid CEO in the World
- Top 10 richest person of India
- Top 10 Highest Paid CEOs of India
- Top 10 Most Selling Bikes and Scooters of 2022 in India
- The Success Story of Jeff Bezos
- Success Story Of Elon Musk
- Top 10 Business Newspaper In India
- Top 10 Tourist Places in India, places to visit after lockdown