In memory of Lata Mangeshkar, CM Yogi to inaugurate a 40-ft veena in Ayodhya today
A 40-feet-long Indian classical music instrument, the veena, weighing 14 tonne, has been installed at a prominent intersection in Uttar Pradesh’s Ayodhya to pay tribute to legendary singer Lata Mangeshkar on her 93rd birth anniversary (September 28).
A giant replica of the musical instrument has been installed at a prominent intersection named Lata Mangeshkar Chowk, which will be inaugurated by Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath today. PM Modi is said to virtually attend the inauguration. Apart from this, Union Tourism Minister G. Kishan Reddy will also be present at the event in which religious and political leaders have been invited.
Remembering Lata Didi on her birth anniversary. There is so much that I recall…the innumerable interactions in which she would shower so much affection. I am glad that today, a Chowk in Ayodhya will be named after her. It is a fitting tribute to one of the greatest Indian icons.
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) September 28, 2022
Indian playback singer
- Born: 28 September 1929, Indore
- Died: 6 February 2022, Breach Candy Hospital Trust, Mumbai
- Siblings: Asha Bhosle, Hridaynath Mangeshkar, Meena Khadikar, Usha Mangeshkar
- Nickname: The Nightingale of Bollywood
- Awards: Bharat Ratna, Filmfare Lifetime Achievement Award, MORE
- Parents: Deenanath Mangeshkar, Shevanti Mangeshkar
CM Yogi had announced to rename a prominent Ayodhya crossing in memory of Lata Mangeshkar after she died on February 6. Officials told PTI that the intersection named ‘Lata Mangeshkar Chowk’ on the banks of river Saryu has been built at a cost of INR 7.9 crore. For the first time in the country, such a big musical instrument has been installed.
The Veena has been designed by master sculptor Ram Vanji Sutar, who designed the ‘Statue of Unity (the tallest statue in the world) in Gujarat.Ram Sutar has also reached Ayodhya with his son. There is a beautiful design on the Veena. The picture of Maa Saraswati is also engraved on it. Ram Sutar told that this Veena will also give the message of Lata Mangeshkar’s melodious singing.
On February 6, 2022, Lata Mangeshkar passed away at the age of 92. The iconic singer was admitted to Mumbai’s Breach Candy Hospital on January 8 after suffering from COVID-19 and pneumonia. Lata Mangeshkar was born on September 28, 1929, in Indore, Madhya Pradesh, India. At the age of five, she started taking music lessons from her father, Deenanath Mangeshkar, the famous Marathi theater actor. After her father passed away, the family moved to Mumbai, where a young Mangeshkar began acting in Marathi films.
Lata Mangeshkar has won many awards including Padma Bhushan, Dada Saheb Phalke Award, Padma Vibhushan, Bharat Ratna, 1966 – Best Playback Singer for Sadhi Mansa, 1966 – Best Music Director for Sadhi Manas (Marathi) under the name ‘Anandghan’, 1977 – Best Playback Singer for Jait Re Jait, 1997 – Maharashtra Bhushan Award, and many more.
- Top 10 Young Entrepreneurs in India 2022
- Upcoming Indian Web Series for 2022-23
- Top 10 Hospitals in India 2022
- Top 10 richest player of the world 2021
- Top 10 highest-paid Indian Athletes 2021
- Top 10 highest paid CEO in the World
- Top 10 richest person of India
- Top 10 Highest Paid CEOs of India
- List Of Most Followed Facebook Pages in 2022
- The Success Story of Jeff Bezos