Meet FedEx new CEO Raj Subramaniam, another India-born to lead a global company
Indian American Raj Subramaniam will be the new Chief Executive Officer of FedEx, according to an announcement made by the American multinational courier delivery company on 28th March. Subramaniam will succeed President and CEO Frederick W Smith, who will step down on June 1. Subramaniam will now be its executive chairman.
- CEO: Frederick W. Smith
- Headquarters: Memphis, Tennessee, United States
- Founder: Frederick W. Smith
- Founded: 5 May 1971, Little Rock, Arkansas, United States
- President: Raj Subramaniam
- Subsidiaries: FedEx Office, TNT Express, FedEx Ground, MORE
Smith, 77, founded FedEx in 1973 with the goal of delivering small parcels and documents faster than the post office. Over the next half-century, he was part of the development of a company that combined air and ground service and became a leader because of his service to other companies.
“For the last 50 years, FedEx has changed the world by connecting people and opportunities,” Smith said in a statement, praising Subramaniam’s abilities to lead the organisation. Smith said he wants to focus on global concerns such as sustainability, innovation, and public policy.
Meet new FedEx CEO Raj Subramaniam
- Raj Subramaniam graduated from the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) with a bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering.
- He graduated from Syracuse University with a master’s degree in chemical engineering.
- In addition, he holds a master’s degree in business administration from The University of Texas in Austin.
- Originally from Trivandrum, India, Subramaniam lives in Memphis, Tennessee – the company’s global headquarters. Subramaniam began working for FedEx in 1991.
- Subramaniam was elected to FedEx’s board of directors in 2020 and will continue to serve on the board, according to the company.
- Subramaniam was president and CEO of FedEx Express, the world’s largest express transportation company, before becoming President and Chief Operating Officer of FedEx Corp.
- He also worked at FedEx Corp. as an executive vice president and chief marketing and communications officer, where he was in charge of developing the company’s strategy.
- He has worked as the president of FedEx Express in Canada and in a variety of management and marketing roles in Asia and the United States.
- Stock Market Update
- Top 10 shoe brands in India for men & women 2023
- Top 10 Adorable Gifts for Your Special One
- Top 10 Countries with Maximum Indian Population as Citizens
- Top 10 Small Business Statistics You Need to Know For 2023
- Top 10 highest-paid CEO in the World
- Top 10 richest person of India
- Top 10 Highest-Paid CEOs of India
- Top 10 Most Selling Bikes and Scooters of 2022 in India
- The Success Story of Jeff Bezos
- Success Story Of Elon Musk
- Top 10 Business Newspaper In India