Samajwadi Party founder & former UP CM, Mulayam Singh Yadav dies at 82
Samajwadi Party founder and former UP CM Mulayam Singh Yadav passed away on Monday (October 10). The veteran politician died after spending several days in the ICU of Medanta Hospital in Gurugram, where his condition was critical.
“My respected father and everyone’s leader is no more,” Akhilesh Yadav said.
मेरे आदरणीय पिता जी और सबके नेता जी नहीं रहे – श्री अखिलेश यादव
— Samajwadi Party (@samajwadiparty) October 10, 2022
Mulayam Singh Yadav
Former UP CM and Samajwadi Party founder
- Born: 22 November 1939 (age 82 years), Saifai
- Spouse: Sadhana Gupta (m. 2003–2022), Malti Devi (m.?–2003)
- Siblings: Shivpal Singh Yadav, Rajpal Singh Yadav, Ratan Singh Yadav, Abhay Ram Yadav, Kamla Devi Yadav
- Previous offices: Member of the Lok Sabha (2014–2019), MORE
- Children: Akhilesh Yadav
- Party: Samajwadi Party
- Education: K.K. College, Etawah
According to reports, former UP CM Mulayam Singh Yadavbreathed his last around 8:15 am on Monday (October 10). Singh was suffering from a urinary infection.
Yesterday Medanta had issued a statement saying that Mulayam Singh Yadav is serious. The health bulletin of Medanta Hospital said, “Mulayam Singh Yadav Ji is in critical condition today and is on life-saving drugs. He is being treated in the ICU of Medanta Hospital, Gurugram by a comprehensive team of specialists.
82-year-old Mulayam Singh Yadav had been under treatment at the hospital since August 22 and was shifted to the ICU on October 2 when his condition became critical. According to reports, he will be cremated in Saifai, Uttar Pradesh.
Mulayam Singh Yadav, who was active in politics for more than 55 years, was born on 22 November 1939 in Saifai, Etawah district. He did his MA in Political Science. He reached the assembly for the first time in 1967 after being elected MLA from Jaswantnagar in UP and then he never looked back in his political career. He was elected MLA eight times and became a Lok Sabha MP after getting elected seven times. In 1996, he also got the opportunity to become Defense Minister in the United Front coalition government.
Mulayam Singh Yadav’s political career has been very illustrious. In 1977, he first became a state minister from the Janata Party, while in 1989 he became the CM of UP for the first time. After this, he became the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh for the second and third time in 1993 and again in 2003. Mulayam Singh founded the Samajwadi Party in 1992 and formed the government in 1993 with the Bahujan Samaj Party(BSP).
- Top 10 Young Entrepreneurs in India 2022
- Upcoming Indian Web Series for 2022-23
- Top 10 Hospitals in India 2022
- Top 10 richest player of the world 2021
- Top 10 highest-paid Indian Athletes 2021
- Top 10 highest paid CEO in the World
- Top 10 richest person of India
- Top 10 Highest Paid CEOs of India
- List Of Most Followed Facebook Pages in 2022
- The Success Story of Jeff Bezos