G20 Summit 2023: Delhi Police Imposes Online Delivery Restrictions with Exceptions for Essentials
Written by Sanjay Kumar
- Special Commissioner of Police (Traffic) S.S. Yadav outlined a series of restrictions on online delivery services.
- There are no changes in the traffic advisory that was issued by the police on August 25.
- Ambulance services will remain operational.
2023 G20 New Delhi summit
Sat, 9 Sept, 2023 – Sun, 10 Sept, 2023
- Dates: Sat, 9 Sept, 2023 – Sun, 10 Sept, 2023
- Location: Pragati Maidan
- Chair: Narendra Modi, Prime Minister of India
- Host country: India
- Motto: Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam; (Sanskrit: वसुधैव कुटुम्बकम्); (transl. One Earth, One Family, One Future)
- Participants: G20 members, Invitee countries by Indian Government
- Venue(s): Bharat Mandapam; Pragati Maidan, New Delhi
Special Commissioner of Police (Traffic) S.S. Yadav announced stringent restrictions on online delivery services in preparation for the G20 Summit during a press conference on September 4, as reported by PTI. These restrictions will be enforced from September 8 to 10, but exceptions will be made for essential services, notably postal and medical deliveries.
Yadav emphasized that the previously issued traffic advisory from August 25 remains unchanged. During the summit, the city will allow the delivery of essential medical items, including lab reports and sample collections, with ambulance services remaining operational.
Notably, commercial activities in the New Delhi district will be prohibited during the G20 Summit. However, regular metro services will continue, with only the Supreme Court metro station temporarily closing from September 8 to 10. Yadav also mentioned possible brief closures of metro station gates due to VIP movements and security concerns.
To facilitate the movement of delegates and participants, a graded traffic management plan will be initiated starting from the night of September 7. Residents of New Delhi district heading to the airport or railway stations will undergo stringent security checks, including presenting valid identification and boarding passes.
A recent order for the shutdown of shops, offices, and bus depots in the Central district, issued by the Station House Officer of Daryaganj police station on September 3, was subsequently withdrawn, as reported by The Hindu.
Health Minister Saurabh Bharadwaj assured the safety of attendees, with ambulances accompanying summit convoys and strategically positioned throughout the city. Additionally, 80 teams of medical professionals will be deployed, along with five government hospitals and three private medical facilities in high alert mode, to respond to potential emergencies during the summit.
- Stock Market Update
- Top 10 shoe brands in India for men & women 2023
- Top 10 Adorable Gifts for Your Special One
- Top 10 Countries with Maximum Indian Population as Citizens
- Top 10 Small Business Statistics You Need to Know For 2023
- Top 10 highest-paid CEO in the World
- Top 10 richest person of India
- Top 10 Highest-Paid CEOs of India
- Top 10 Most Selling Bikes and Scooters of 2022 in India
- The Success Story of Jeff Bezos
- Success Story Of Elon Musk
- Top 10 Business Newspaper In India