PAN Aadhaar linking last date Today: Double penalty from July 1 if avoided
The last date for linking PAN-Aadhaar without paying the double penalty is 30th June 2022 i.e. Today. Those who link Aadhaar PAN by June 30 will have to pay a fine of INR 500. However, if you decide to doit after the date, you will have to pay a double fine of INR 1,000. The Central Board of Direct Taxes, or CBDT, has extended the deadline to link PAN-Aadhaar till March 31, 2023, but such people who are yet to link will have to pay the double fine of INR 1,000 from July 1.
By failing to link a PAN with Aadhaar by March 31st, 2022, as required by the recently added Section 234H of the Income Tax Act (via a Finance Bill in March 2021), a penalty of up to INR 1,000 will be imposed; however, such PAN cards will continue to be usable until March 2023, or FY2023-23, to file income tax returns, claiming ITR refunds, and other income tax procedures.
How to link PAN with Aadhaar
- You have to first Login to the official income tax website — www.incometax.gov.in
- Under the quick links section, select the ‘Link Aadhaar’ option. You will be redirected to a new page
- Enter your PAN card details, Aadhar card details, mobile number, and name
- Select ‘I validate my Aadhaar details’ option and choose the ‘Continue’ option.
On your registered mobile number, you will receive a one-time password (OTP). Fill in the blanks on the screen, then click ‘Validate’. After paying the fine, your PAN and Aadhaar will be linked.
How to check PAN-Aadhaar linking status
- To check PAN-Aadhar linking status you have to log in at the official income tax website – www.incometax.gov.in;
- Click on ‘Link Aadhaar Status’ in the ‘Quick Links’ option
- Enter PAN and Aadhaar number
- Click on ‘View Link Aadhaar Status’
- Your PAN-Aadhaar linking status will be displayed.
One can link PAN with Aadhaar online after 4-5 days of paying the late fee. “Fees to be paid by Challan No ITNS 280 with Major head 0021 (Income Tax Other than Companies) & Minor head 500 (Fee),” says the income tax department.
- Top 10 Young Entrepreneurs in India 2022
- Upcoming Indian Web Series for 2022-23
- Top 10 Hospitals in India 2022
- Top 10 richest player of the world 2021
- Top 10 highest-paid Indian Athletes 2021
- Top 10 highest paid CEO in the World
- Top 10 richest person of India
- Top 10 Highest Paid CEOs of India
- List Of Most Followed Facebook Pages in 2022
- The Success Story of Jeff Bezos
- Success Story Of Elon Musk
- Top 10 Business Magazine In India
- Top 10 Business Newspaper In India
- Top 10 richest billionaires in the world 2021
- Upcoming English Web Series in 2021
- Top 10 Tourist Places in India, places to visit after lockdown
Leave a Reply