Zomato Launches Its UPI Services: Here’s How to Activate & Use It
Written by Sanjay Kumar
- Headquarters: Gurugram, Haryana, India
- Founded: July 2008; 14 years ago
- Number of employees: 5,000+
- Subsidiaries: Blinkit
- Owners: Info Edge, Ant Group, Alipay
- Founders: Deepinder Goyal, Pankaj Chaddah, Gunjan Patidar, Akriti Chopra
Zomato, the well-known online food delivery platform, has launched its own UPI (Unified Payments Interface) service in collaboration with ICICI Bank. This innovative payment system, introduced by Zomato, allows users to effortlessly make real-time payments to both merchants and individuals.
With this new feature, Zomato users can conveniently settle their transactions with diverse merchants and also transfer money to other users in a peer-to-peer manner. By logging into the Zomato application, customers can easily create their unique UPI IDs, granting them the ability to make payments directly within the app.
TO ACTIVATE ZOMATO UPI, FOLLOW THESE STEPS:
To activate Zomato UPI and enjoy seamless payments for your orders, simply follow these easy steps:
- Launch the Zomato app on your device.
- Navigate to the profile section of your Zomato account.
- Scroll down until you locate the Zomato UPI option.
- Tap on “Activate Zomato UPI.”
- Choose a desired Zomato UPI ID.
- When prompted, select your mobile number.
- Link your bank account to enable effortless payments within the Zomato application.
By following these straightforward instructions, you can activate Zomato UPI and experience the convenience of making seamless payments for your orders.
Zomato has revolutionized the food ordering experience by introducing its own UPI service. Now, Zomato users no longer need to be redirected to external UPI apps such as Google Pay, Paytm, or PhonePe when paying for their orders. Instead, they can conveniently settle their food bills directly through their Zomato UPI account. This eliminates the hassle of additional steps and switching between different payment apps, ensuring a smoother and more seamless payment process for Zomato users.
The implementation of Zomato’s UPI service serves multiple purposes. Firstly, it aims to reduce reliance on third-party payment apps and minimize the number of Cash on Delivery (COD) orders. By providing an in-app UPI solution, Zomato encourages users to adopt digital payment methods, enhancing efficiency and streamlining transactions.
Moreover, this development may have implications for popular payment apps like Paytm and Google Pay. Unlike these platforms, creating a Zomato UPI account does not require users to undergo a KYC (Know Your Customer) process. This added convenience may attract users who seek a simpler and faster payment solution.
Currently, Zomato’s UPI service is in a pilot program and is accessible to a limited number of users. However, it is anticipated that this feature will be rolled out to all Zomato users in the coming months. Initially partnered with ICICI Bank, Zomato also plans to collaborate with additional banks in the near future, expanding the reach and accessibility of its UPI service.
- Top 10 shoe brands in India for men & women 2023
- Top 10 Adorable Gifts for Your Special One
- Top 10 Countries with Maximum Indian Population as Citizens
- Top 10 Small Business Statistics You Need to Know For 2023
- Top 10 highest paid CEO in the World
- Top 10 richest person of India
- Top 10 Highest Paid CEOs of India
- Top 10 Most Selling Bikes and Scooters of 2022 in India
- The Success Story of Jeff Bezos
- Success Story Of Elon Musk
- Top 10 Business Newspaper In India
- Top 10 Tourist Places in India, places to visit after lockdown