Action on Facebook: Russia adds Meta to ‘terrorist and extremist’ group list
Russia added US tech giant Meta, the parent company of Facebook and Instagram, to a list of “terrorist and extremist” organisations, according to a database from the Federal Service for Financial Monitoring, Rosfinmonitoring.
Russia banned Instagram and Facebook for “carrying out extremist activities” in March after officials accused Meta of tolerating “Russophobia” during Russia’s military operation in Ukraine. Both Facebook and Twitter platforms have not been available in Russia since early March and Instagram was banned in the country a week ago.
- CEO: Mark Zuckerberg (4 Feb 2004)
- Headquarters: Menlo Park, California, United States
- Revenue: 8,596.5 crores USD (2020)
- Founded: February 2004, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
- CTO: Mike Schroepfer
- Founders: Mark Zuckerberg, Andrew McCollum, Eduardo Saverin, Dustin Moskovitz, Chris Hughes
- Subsidiaries: WhatsApp, Novi Financial, Inc., Giphy, MORE
It ruled that Meta’s instant messaging service WhatsApp will not be banned because it is not used for posting public statements. Russia banned Facebook and Instagram months ago. Russia invaded Ukraine in February. Russian officials alleged that these social media platforms were spreading propaganda against Russia. For many small Russian businesses, Instagram was an important platform for advertising, processing sales, and communicating with customers.
The decision places Meta on the same list as right-wing nationalist organizations, international terrorist groups such as the Taliban, and Russian opposition organizations. Facebook (now meta) is getting tough competition from platforms like Tiktok and YouTube.Facebook users are shifting to Tiktok and YouTube platforms. Due to this, the revenue of the company has been badly affected. The company’s shares have fallen sharply this year.
Zuckerberg, who was included in the list of the top three rich people in the world for a long time, has now slipped to number 23. According to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index, his net worth is 50.3 billion. His net worth has declined by $75.2 billion this year. For many years this company registered record growth and gave tremendous returns to investors. But this year the condition has become that Facebook is going to be laid off for the first time. In July, Zuckerberg told employees that the next 18 to 24 months could be challenging.
- Upcoming List of Top Indian Web Series of 2021
- Top 10 richest player of the world 2021
- Top 10 highest-paid Indian Athletes 2021
- Top 10 highest paid CEO in the World
- Top 10 richest person of India
- Top 10 Highest Paid CEOs of India
- List Of Most Followed Facebook Pages in 2021
- The Success Story of Jeff Bezos
- Success Story Of Elon Musk
- Top 10 Business Magazine In India
- Top 10 Business Newspaper In India
- Top 10 richest billionaires in the world 2021
- Upcoming English Web Series in 2021
- Top 10 Tourist Places in India, places to visit after lockdown
Leave a Reply