APEX KIDNEY CARE PVT. LTD.
PIONEERING THE SPECTRUM OF KIDNEY CARE
The progress India has made in medical therapeutics has been commendable. From path-breaking drug discoveries to highly systematic, innovation-driven therapeutics; there has been a continuous influx of exciting breakthroughs, across medical specialties. Amongst others, impressive breakthroughs have been made in nephrology over the last five decades. Advances in the treatment of renal failure with dialysis is one such notable innovation, with new devices, membrane technologies, and smart sensors for real-time patient monitoring. These are making dialysis treatments simpler and safer for people.
However, the market for dialysis services has progressively become more crowded over the past few years. The number of dialysis service providers has increased significantly, making it challenging to identify quality players. The COVID-19 pandemic put to test these services, in an environment where there were mass disruptions in patient-service provider relationships. The need of the hour is to identify a dialysis service provider with the experience, innovation, and quality to provide “value for money” in any scenario. Enter Apex Kidney Care (AKC), an acclaimed chain of Dialysis clinics offering these services.
SPEARHEADING 15 YEARS OF EXCELLENCE
A cadre of five young nephrologists from Mumbai founded AKC to transform kidney care in general, focusing first on deploying world-class hemodialysis practices in India in particular. With time, the company built around itself, innovations, and innovative practices, setting a benchmark for complete kidney disease management protocols.
It has a comprehensive portfolio of services, including dialysis (home and in-center), pharmacy, consultation, pathology, vascular access, and diet & nutrition. It is now a pioneering company offering stellar services in more than 150 centres across nine states and has successfully completed over 28,00,000 dialysis treatments. Over 1,000,000 patients have been treated at its centres collectively to this point.
The quality of services and conformable ethics at AKC have earned it a lot of attention and reputable partnerships. It is a part of the Pradhan Mantri National Dialysis Programme (PMNDP), run by the National Health Mission (NHM) and Ayushman Bharat. It has also collaborated with numerous state governments and municipal corporations nationwide as partners in the public healthcare delivery systems. AKC runs over 80 centres under these programmes and performs about 20,000 dialysis monthly using a public-private partnership model.
On the other hand, well-known medical institutions and hospitals have partnerships with AKC to run their dialysis centres. With these, AKC has established a reputable presence in Maharashtra, Goa, Madhya Pradesh, Delhi, Rajasthan, Gujarat, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Bihar, and Telangana.
A PORTFOLIO OF CUSTOMIZED SERVICES
Standardized services, consistency, and unmatched quality are the three critical pillars of AKC. All of this underlined by the passion and empathy of its founding nephrologists differentiates AKC from other players in the space. To understand why it’s sought-after by patients and institutions, we have to understand its services in a detailed manner:
- Apex In-Centre dialysis: This forms the backbone of the company with a spectrum of dialysis clinics located within hospitals, standalone, trusts, and PPP services. Thousands of patients across the country avail of these facilities for their hemodialysis needs. All their healthcare data is digitized enabling superior patient outcomes and delivery of quality services.
- Apex Home dialysis: AKC is renowned for offering reliable home dialysis treatments that facilitate patients’ flexibility and comfort. Patients will have routine medical examinations and periodic doctor visits to track their health. In addition to planting a hemodialysis machine at the patient’s home, AKC also ensures medical quality water feeding that machine by setting up a personalized RO system at every patient’s home, along with dialysis consumables. The dialysis professionals are the products of rigorous training to ensure delivery of quality patient care. In summary, AKC offers a comprehensive yet tailored services and spares patients the anxiety of having to source anything separately.
- Kidney Care Lab interphase: AKC’s pathology lab is an excellent example of state-of-the-art infrastructure and human intelligence. It’s equipped with all the technology to perform any kind of diagnostics required to treat as well as prevent kidney disease, thereby saving lives. The lab is headed by a distinguished team of laboratory staff trained in relevant technologies to provide efficient and reliable service towards patient care.
- Vascular Access interphase: By ensuring adequate blood flows required for dialysis, this is the lifeline for any hemodialysis treatment. Accesses in the form of catheter insertions, fistula, or graft creation, AKC can address every need, ensuring optimal blood flow and ensuring adequacy of dialysis for each patient. The company has its own professionals trained to insert, create or remove these devices.
- Pharmacy interphase: AKC’s pharmacy is one of the sought-out dispensaries in Mumbai for kidney medicines. Patients can request their required prescription medicines delivered to them using AKC’s exclusive purchasing platform. Each medicine they provide comes from their registered pharmacies, ensuring cold chain compliance. In summary, AKC makes prescription medicine purchases reliable, reasonable, and easy for the consumer.
- Diet and Nutrition interphase: Along with quality dialysis services, AKC keeps a meticulous eye on a regulating and monitoring the patient’s diet to ensure optimum health. It has in-house health consultants who do this and provide customized diet charts for individual patients. After all, a balanced diet fosters a healthy lifestyle and ensures the efficacy of medicines, ultimately ensuring completeness of renal care.
AKC has evolved into a comprehensive kidney care ecosystem, with various customized service divisions interphasing seamlessly into the primary patient care model, ensuring smooth operations as well as a superior patient experience. These services provided by AKC are all based on an overarching sense of responsibility by the organisational ecosystem with mutual trust and respect. They have well-defined quality assurance protocols and SOPs to ensure the best patient outcomes.
AKC has a large dedicated team of quality assurance professionals that continuously review dialysis and patient metrics, both at the bedside as well as digitally, ensuring the delivery of the highest standards of quality. Structured monthly dialysis quality and outcome reports that cover clinical, biochemical, and dialysis parameters are shared to ensure patients remain under the constant vigil of their primary nephrologists.
FULLY FURNISHED IN TECH & INNOVATIONS
Being a pioneer in kidney care, AKC’s path has been fraught with both opportunities and challenges. Following a less-trodden path has kept them on their toes constantly and enabled them to innovate, adapt, and overcome.
- Back in the day, there wasn’t any formal training for dialysis technology, which is why they started the Apex School of Dialysis Technology (ASDT) in 2011. As a collaborative initiative with the Government, this school is affiliated with the Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) for a Bachelor of Vocational (BVoc) Course in Dialysis Technology. ASDT also runs dialysis technician course affiliated to Maharashtra State Board of Vocational Education (MSBVE)
- They manufacture proprietary RO plants which are 25- 30% economical and are unique to match the needs of patients for both in-center and home dialysis.
- Dialysis is a data-intensive treatment procedure, they have digitized the entire process, mapping every piece of clinical and patient data leveraging their proprietary healthcare application, Axis EMR, which is currently undergoing integration with PMNDP portal (run by Government of India). All patients are closely monitored clinically as well as digitally to ensure they meet health targets and thus lead productive lives with minimum complications or hospitalisations.
- It’s the only company with a renal Swap transplant registry in the country.
- Additionally, AKC has several firsts-in-the-market to its name. They have pioneered high-flux and in-center nocturnal dialysis in the country.
Long story short, AKC is well-tuned into innovation and digitization. The company is also an active participant in nephrology conferences to brainstorm with Nephrologists across the country and leverages digital marketing and industrial publications to expand its online presence. Given the huge burden of kidney disease in India and the national healthcare missions that are now progressively moving to deliver dialysis services close to the patients’ homes or within their homes, AKC is positioned to grasp all growth opportunities and ensure the realization of its primary mission- To transform kidney care in this nation.
THE TEAM BEHIND THE EXCELLENCE
Even with all the innovation and technology, AKC is nothing without the men and women that work tirelessly to see the company thrive. The helm is held by Indranil Roy Choudhury (CEO), and a dynamic panel of leaders assist him: Promoters:
- Rupen Kothari, Chairman of the Board
- Hitesh Mehta Board of Directors:
- Dr. Jatin Kothari, MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Nephrology)
- Dr. Viswanath Billa, MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Nephrology)
- Dr. Vaishali Bichu, BHMS
- Sheetal Kothari, B Com Chief Advisor
- Dr. Shrirang Bichu, DNB (General Medicine), DNB (Nephrology)
Over 1,000 professionals work with this organisation, including leaders and associates. Being people-centric, AKC uses specialized strategies to maintain engagement among its employees. The management makes sure that everyone onboard understands the company’s vision. Their efforts are evaluated internally and recognized, and they are given ownership of their roles. Alongside a hard day’s work, they also have recreational activities, such as stand-up comedy sessions, Woman’s Day Celebrations given that women make up 45% of the workforce, and many other such initiatives. This fosters a culture of friendship, empathy, and trust and enables everyone to express their creativity.
A SOUGHT-AFTER TRAJECTORY
AKC set sail in 2008. Since then, it has only continued to grow its footprint while achieving successive landmarks. AKC has been honoured with the title of “Pharma Leaders Most Innovative & Promising Leader in Dialysis Solutions 2019.” Such gratifying triumphs drive it to continue spreading its wings across the nation while making pioneering breakthroughs.
AKC wants to grow its volume using the PPP Model, while providing quality services in the private healthcare space within private hospitals. It plans to increase home dialysis services and build more standalone centres. While working on this, they will pay careful attention to concurrent business interphases such as pathology lab services, pharmacy, renal diet and nutrition consultations, and vascular access clinics.
- Top 10 Young Entrepreneurs in India 2022
- Upcoming Indian Web Series for 2022-23
- Top 10 Hospitals in India 2022
- Top 10 richest player of the world 2021
- Top 10 highest-paid Indian Athletes 2021
- Top 10 highest paid CEO in the World
- Top 10 richest person of India
- Top 10 Highest Paid CEOs of India
- List Of Most Followed Facebook Pages in 2022
- The Success Story of Jeff Bezos
Leave a Reply