Elon Musk will step down as Twitter CEO: Looking for an idiot for the position
Twitter, which was founded in 2006 by Jack Dorsey, Evan Williams, Noah Glass, and Biz Stone, nowadays looks like a TV serial where a new mystery is revealed every week. Now, Elon Musk who recently completed his Twitter deal and became the CEO of Twitter announced that he will step down from the post after finding a replacement.
He is actively seeking a potential replacement, according to a Bloomberg source with knowledge of the situation. Musk tweeted, “As soon as I find someone stupid enough to take the job, I will resign as CEO! After that, I will just run the software and server teams.”
Should I step down as head of Twitter? I will abide by the results of this poll.
— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) December 18, 2022
Chief Executive Officer of Twitter
- Born: 28 June 1971 (age 51 years), Pretoria, South Africa
- Net worth: 16,350 crores USD (2022) Forbes
- Children: X Æ A-Xii, Vivian Jenna Wilson, Exa Dark Sideræl Musk, MORE
- Spouse: Talulah Riley (m. 2013–2016), Talulah Riley (m. 2010–2012), Justine Musk (m. 2000–2008)
- Nationality: American, Canadian, South African
- Education: University of Pennsylvania (1992–1997), MORE
- Parents: Errol Musk, Maye Musk
Musk’s Twitter post came as a response to his earlier poll, where he asked people whether he should resign as head of Twitter. He also promised that he would “follow the results” of the poll. The poll results showed that 57.5% of respondents were in favor of Musk’s stepping down.
Twitter going through big changes
Elon Musk bought Twitter in October for $ 44 billion, ie INR 3.58 lakh crore. Since taking charge of Twitter, Elon Musk has been busy making major changes in the company. A few days back, he had fired around 3,700 employees in the first round of layoffs. The layoffs began with the exit of CEO Parag Agarwal and other key members.
Twitter bans ‘free promotion’ of other social media platforms
Earlier on Sunday, Twitter announced that it will not promote any other social media platform for free. The company had said, ‘Now we will block Twitter handles created for the purpose of promoting other social platforms and their content.These include platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Mastodon, and Truth Social. Twitter also suspended the account of the Indian social media platform koo app.
Tesla stock has been suffering and Musk’s wealth is being drained from his pursuit and acquisition of Twitter. Recently, Elon Musk had displaced as the world’s richest person by Bernard Arnault but a day after he again got the title of world’s richest person. It will be interesting to see how Musk handles his position and Twitter leadership.
- Upcoming List of Top Indian Web Series of 2021
- Top 10 richest player of the world 2021
- Top 10 highest-paid Indian Athletes 2021
- Top 10 highest paid CEO in the World
- Top 10 richest person of India
- Top 10 Highest Paid CEOs of India
- List Of Most Followed Facebook Pages in 2021
- The Success Story of Jeff Bezos
- Success Story Of Elon Musk
- Top 10 Business Magazine In India
- Top 10 Business Newspaper In India
- Top 10 richest billionaires in the world 2021
- Upcoming English Web Series in 2021
- Top 10 Tourist Places in India, places to visit after lockdown